south mtn ultra

Mountain Goat
Who else is running it? Doing the 50k as training.

Re: south mtn ultra

I would like to due the 50k, but am not sure yet.

Re: south mtn ultra

china cat
hey guys, haven't been in touch lately. i will be in town that weekend and am registered for the 50k. look forward to seeing you out there :)
Be the change in the world you want to see – Ghandi

Re: south mtn ultra

Mountain Goat
thought that was your name above mine on the starters list. Running it with one other friend & his girlfriend doing our support. welcome to set up with us. look forward to running with you again

Re: south mtn ultra

china cat
That would be great! looking forward to running with you again also.

hey was checking in to see where you guys are setting up your support? what time do you plan on heading over there?
Be the change in the world you want to see – Ghandi

Re: south mtn ultra

Mountain Goat
hi,
 the set up area is a bunch of pinic tables, rather casual. going to try to find one in the corner b/c I know the sun hits the others during day. You can give them a drop bag for aid station at 5 miles but since it each loop is only 10 miles doesnt seem necesary. I will probaly get there at around 5:30 (only live 10 min away). Parking is in lot across street. Whole event is laid back. last year didnt even get #'s. everyone was just standing around at start & looked at watch at 6 & said -ok- go. Ranthe 1st loop last sunday- lot easier than watchung

Re: south mtn ultra

china cat
Great. I will give you a call when i get there so i can find where you are set up. i plan to be there about the same time. see you saturday :)
Be the change in the world you want to see – Ghandi

Re: south mtn ultra

Mountain Goat
Nice run today. had some problems so didnt finish in time I wanted but finished. Carolyn- nice to run with you again, at least for that 1/2 lap before you flew up the trail. Good job.

Re: south mtn ultra

seanaes
The run, the people, the course, the weather (except the early humidity) were all great, really really super. Me, not so much. Having been sick since the monday after bear mountain 2 weeks ago until the middle of last week took too much out of me. I finished but I hadn't really ever got going, ending up at the back of the pack on the first loop and then essentially alone for the rest of the day. Had a great time just wish I had done better.

Re: south mtn ultra

Tom7
What's next Sean?

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "seanaes [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:28:07 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tom7<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: south mtn ultra

The run, the people, the course, the weather (except the early humidity) were all great, really really super. Me, not so much. Having been sick since the monday after bear mountain 2 weeks ago until the middle of last week took too much out of me. I finished but I hadn't really ever got going, ending up at the back of the pack on the first loop and then essentially alone for the rest of the day. Had a great time just wish I had done better.

View message @ http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/south-mtn-ultra-tp4962243p5095150.html

Re: south mtn ultra

NJ Trail Series
I had a great time at the SM 50K.  I know Glenn renamed it this year but it will take me a few years to change myself.

It was nice to be able to not have to worry about all the minute to minute aspects of the race and just run.  I looked at it as a training run and went out accordingly.  I was able to run with a few people over the 6 hours on trail and had some nice conversations.

Just an FYI I am putting on a 25, 50, 75 and 100K in Mahlon Dickerson reservation in August.  More info at NJ Trail Series.

Rick

Re: south mtn ultra

Tom7
Will definitely come along for one - prob the 50Km.

Cheers

Re: south mtn ultra

china cat
Great seeing you again Len. Enjoyed the race, though disappointed in my run. Nice trails though...look forward to running out there again.
Be the change in the world you want to see – Ghandi