saturday fun at Ringwood!

Jay

saturday fun at Ringwood!

Jay
who wants to come out to ringwood this saturday for some MoMa training? we'll be doing 25 miles (no less)  so probably the inner loop of the race.

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

Sebounet
Mowhat?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 26, 2014, at 5:13 PM, "Jay [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

who wants to come out to ringwood this saturday for some MoMa training? we'll be doing 25 miles (no less)  so probably the inner loop of the race.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/saturday-fun-at-Ringwood-tp7579660.html
Jay

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

Jay
you know! that race with real trails. not those overly well groomed so called trails you roadies like :P

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

casual rick
Aching to get in some MoMa training runs with you guys! But once again, I can't make it. Damn!

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

M Jones
Yes, please.

My suggestion would be to start from that Ramapo Aid Station #4 and run back to Shephard Lake, then do the Mountain Bike Loop then come back out to Camp Yaw Paw as we do in the start of the race and then back to Ramapo Aid Station.

Just a suggestion.  That middle portion from Ramapo back to the start is tough so I'd like to sear that into my muscle memory.

- Marcus
Jay

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

Jay
Marcus we're on the same page as far that section goes, id like to get used to it to take it like a man during the race being that its going that way again.

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

M Jones
Amen, brother.  What time we starting on Saturday?

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

Tommy
I will be there on Saturday as well, probably around 8:00, I will keep an eye out for you.  If you do Ramapo to Shepherd Lake and then down to Skyline and back to Ramapo you are looking at 22 miles or so, and there is water at Shepherd (bathrooms are still open) and at Yaw Paw (in the bathroom behind where the aid station is set up) and you could also ditch some at Skyline.  Rick says the course is unchanged this year (although White heading up to the Red Crossover has been diverted and uses switchbacks up the hill rather than the road now).
Jay

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

Jay
i think an 8am start is good

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

M Jones
8am it is.

Should we meet at Aid Station #4 (the Ramapo Valley County Reservation Parking lot off of 202)?

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

Steve
You guys sound so serious. Marcus must be going for the win before he gets too old

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

mud dawg
Hi all, new to this forum.  Up for logging miles at Ringwood SP this Saturday. Just need directions where to meet. regards MD
Jay

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

Jay
yea meeting there makes the most sense

Re: saturday fun at Ringwood!

M Jones
mud dawg:

This map shows part of the route tomorrow and the parking lot where we'll meet: right above the box that says "Ramapo Valley County Reservation Parking"

http://www.nynjtc.org/files/RamapoReservation-TrailMap_BW_2012.pdf

Google maps tells me the address is 600 Ramapo Valley Road Mahway, NJ 07430.  I'm coming from the south, up 287 to exit 58 onto 202 North/Ramapo Valley Road, up about 5 miles to the parking lot on the left.

Hope to see you there

- Marcus