powerbreathe

Tom7
http://www.powerbreathe.com/

The cynical me thinks a load of crap. The open minded me wants to know if any of you guys have seen/used/wasted money on this.

Especially for Rob - he's the guy I reckon is most likely to experiment with this sort of stuff.

I'd buy one if it me sound like Darth Vader.

Re: powerbreathe

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Why half-ass it? go all the way with any of these. http://www.hypoxico.com/home-product-specifications.shtml

The guys here just drive up to various spots above 10kft and sleep. On any given night you can go up there and see endurance athletes sleeping in there cars...that or it's a pickup spot....

Re: powerbreathe

What in the world Tom!?  Next, you and Seb are going to be comparing your power braclets!

Besides making the user look like an ass, it may work  But you could probably get the same effect by running around while breathing through a snorkel.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forum/thread/210264/lung-capcity-training-with-snorkel

Re: powerbreathe

Tom7
Just bored Chris. I have almost as much free time as Rob.

But how is the ginger frog?

Btw - Steve called me a baboon on facebook. Currently using alcohol to stimulate  a suitable rebuke.

------------------

Re: powerbreathe

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Speaking of which, You'll ALL be happy to know that I've finally begun
to drink beer. It's been a long hard road, but I've aquired the taste.
This is a greater achivement than my 7:30 pace 5k goal....

Re: powerbreathe

Tom7
Happy to hear that Rob.
Question - But do you still suck?

Seen some of your running posts. Looks like some significant improvement

------------------

Re: powerbreathe

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
we'll see on Saturday, I have an 8miler race with 1200ft of climb in
Steamboat Springs, CO. I still suck, but I can keep up with the slow
guys now. I haven't graduated to thursday happy hour runs with the
Boulder Trail runnners, I'm still stuck on the Wednesday Trail Jogs
(don't worry, both runs involve beer).

Re: powerbreathe

Tom7
Keep it up guvenor.
We'll make a trail runner and beer drinker of you yet. I'll post some UK runs one day, if I can be bothered.

How's Lorry? Learned to stay on her two feet yet?

PS
If anyone from NJ wants to chirp on this NJ T&U forum. Please feel free

------------------

Re: powerbreathe

Whoooo. Leave my power bracelet alone! It gives me balance when holding a pint in one hand.  That is very important! 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 7, 2011, at 9:24 AM, "RNR [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]"<[hidden email]> wrote:

What in the world Tom!?  Next, you and Seb are going to be comparing your power braclets!

Besides making the user look like an ass, it may work  But you could probably get the same effect by running around while breathing through a snorkel.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forum/thread/210264/lung-capcity-training-with-snorkel

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/powerbreathe-tp6554383p6558353.html

Re: powerbreathe

Tom7
Surprised you have the strength to lift a power bracelet Seb

------------------

Re: powerbreathe

Sebounet
That's the trick: I need the strength that the Guinness gives me! And a little cursing after the British for a rush of adrenaline... And I am like the ginger version of the Incredible Hulk!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 7, 2011, at 3:24 PM, "Tom7 [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]"<[hidden email]> wrote:

Surprised you have the strength to lift a power bracelet Seb

Re: powerbreathe

Tom7
Foofoon.
Pardon the spelling

------------------

Re: powerbreathe

JRMotown
Or just breathe through the nose only?

Re: powerbreathe

Steve
or sleep underwater - should be easy in the UK

BTW Tom - nothing wrong with running like a baboon - you should take that as a compliment - I went through an entire list of primates to get to that remark and it could have been much worse - plus, you are the only one who figured out how I got first in my age group for the craftsman invitational!

Re: powerbreathe

Tom7
PygmyMarmoset.jpg

I guess Len is more Marmoset than Baboon?