anyone for a good

123

anyone for a good

Tom7
friday or saturday run?

Re: anyone for a good

JRMtown
Going to try and get a half day Friday and then for sure

If you'd like to come to Bear Mountain Saturday, thinking of checking the course out.

Re: anyone for a good

Tom7
For me saturday is less flexible and would prefer to stay close to home.
Could do Bear Mountain on friday but would prefer Watchung or SouthMountain on saturday.

If the weather is good and if I can get out of office will head out to Rick 'n Jens 5k XC run wed night.

Re: anyone for a good

Jess
Friday - yes!
Saturday... maybe.  Have to pick up new apartment keys before noon... and start moving.

Re: anyone for a good

Mountain Goat
I'm up for Saturday morning at one of those 2 trails.

Re: anyone for a good

Steve
Maybe Saturday - still nursing the ankle
dp

Re: anyone for a good

dp
I'll go Saturday, too, as long as I'm not holding anyone up.

Steve, if your ankle is feeling better, what pace will you run, you think?

Re: anyone for a good

Tom7
Okey Dokey

Saturday - 8:30 ante meridiem. Watchung. Usual meeting place.

Friday - Jessi/Jason/anyone else. Name the time and place and I'll be there. Earlier the better for me.

Chris  - can you post?

Cheers

Re: anyone for a good

@ Diedre - if I go, I will be slow. My Watchung pace is usually in the 10 - 12 min range. I will let you know if I can go later on in the week.

Re: anyone for a good

Steve
Oops - Saturday out of the question - Family stuff!!!

See you all next time!

Re: anyone for a good

Jason, Jessi, Tom,

Want to do the Tourne on Friday?   We can do the outer loop which is 6+ miles.  People can do 1, 2, or 3 loops.  and there are plenty of places to shortcut back to the cars if people are tired.

We could meet at the same place we did for the donut run.

Or we can meet at the location of the 5K series and I can lead a group run of a 7+ mile loop there.  Again, lots of options to shortcut and make shorter (or go around again and make longer).

Would love to run local, don't think I personally can get up to Bear.

Re: anyone for a good

Tom7
I'm game. Don't give me options - they make my brain hurt. Just give me a meeting place and a time.

Cheers

PS
Hopefully joining you guys tonight for the XC.

Re: anyone for a good

Tom7 wrote
PS
Hopefully joining you guys tonight for the XC.
Now I have seen it all!

Re: anyone for a good

Tom7
Gonna try and beat Lens 5k best.
That's about 25minutes I think

Re: anyone for a good

NJ Trail Series
Hell, I can sometimes beat that time.

Jessi will lap me as she flies around the course.

Re: anyone for a good

5k best is 18:19

Re: anyone for a good

Steve
I believe Tom is still digesting that number! I can hear the crickets chirping!

Re: anyone for a good

Tom7
Lens PR = 18.19. Not bad!
Jason  - whats your PR at this distance?

My inaugural 5k today = 20:43. As a self confessed plodder and Ultra snob I'm happy with that.

Challenge is set - Len, you are in my sights. Just need to knock off 2:24 - how difficult can that be?

Chirp Chirp.

These 5k things are actually quite fun but I admit they are tough. Short but intense!
We could have some interesting competitions if any of you other guys have a wednesday evening free.

Re: anyone for a good

JRMtown
I DNF'd my last 5k so not sure.

Kidding- I would compare it to kind of doing light squats for 20 minutes or so, so I'm not terribly fast at them but I think a few years ago before I started running regularly I was around 19:50. Would be interesting to try another one- last July I did the Verizon 5k in 27 minutes due a large crowd- so I crowd surfed it.

Good times, and, well, good times!

Hope to show up Friday. Gonna go light b/c I want to get a really long run in at Bear Saturday.

Re: anyone for a good

NJ Trail Series
There is no way to compare a road 5K time to this course.  Not like it is incredibly hard but it is not flat or easy either.

I think I got 22:32 or something.

Looks like 20:43 is the time to beat on this course.

Rick

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM, JRMtown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I DNF'd my last 5k so not sure.

Kidding- I would compare it to kind of doing light squats for 20 minutes or so, so I'm not terribly fast at them but I think a few years ago before I started running regularly I was around 19:50. Would be interesting to try another one- last July I did the Verizon 5k in 27 minutes due a large crowd- so I crowd surfed it.

Good times, and, well, good times!

Hope to show up Friday. Gonna go light b/c I want to get a really long run in at Bear Saturday.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/anyone-for-a-good-tp6285593p6292957.html
To unsubscribe from anyone for a good, click here.

--
Thank you,
Jennifer McNulty

123