XC Ski trails

JRMotown
I wish to put sharp blades on my feet and slide on a semi-frictionless microcrystal unorganized lattice structure all day long at a grade insufficient to overcome said friction.

Anyone know of good XC-ski spots (maintained) to get summa that cross training in?

Re: XC Ski trails

tfarabaugh
This post was updated on .
In a similar vein, I got some snowshoes for Christmas last year and would love to know some good places to snowshoe in the area (aside from my local park - would like to be out in nature a bit more).

Re: XC Ski trails

High Mountain State Park is one of the few if not only cross country and snow shoe location in NJ that blows artificial snow as soon as it gets cold enough.

Other than going up there almost any park or course will work for snow shoes and xc skis.  You could go to the cross country course at Central Park in Morris Plains or possibly even around the grounds of Morris County College, depending how far you want to go.

I know the golf course around me allows foot and ski traffic once covered in snow.  You cuould look for those as options as well.

Re: XC Ski trails

JRMotown
Thanks for the info, high point looks great