Wildcat anyone?

Kristina
Hey just checking out races for the year, April 1st seems to be when a lot of prices go up. Anyone doing Wildcat? Haven't ran it before, thinking to maybe give it a shot

Re: Wildcat anyone?

jbyram2
It's a tough course, but satisfying.  Read my "Wepoat" in the race reports section.  Think MoMa Jr., except in August heat/humidity.
I think I have somethng else that weekend, so I may not make it this year. Good Luck!

Re: Wildcat anyone?

bluedowndog
NJ Trail Series coming up along with the North Face Challenge at Bear Mtn.  Check em' out.
Great races and far enough inbtwn to get some good training in.

Re: Wildcat anyone?

Tommy
Have you thought about returning to Bear Mountain and doing one of the shorter distances, either the 50k or the marathon?  You can also look at the Mayapple in June, which is in South Mountain and is relatively flat, at least to MoMa and Bear Mountain standards.

Re: Wildcat anyone?

bluedowndog
Yes sir.  I have done the Mayapple.  1/2 marathons and 10 milers are usually my go to races.
Looking forward to the warmer weather.  Shorts please!

Re: Wildcat anyone?

Kristina
Jodi I can't run this without you then!!  I need the entertainment and because you say it's "MOMA Jr." I certainly can't run without ya friend.

Tommy, my original plan was to come back to TNF Bear Mtn with a vengeance this year to redeem last yr's awful performance. Unfortunately, I have a very important mtg that morning. And annoyingly, said appt is only 2 hrs, smack in the morning so I have to miss the Saturday race. I'd run the 50k but it's on Sat. Oh well. 2015 it is! Good luck this year though.

Re: Wildcat anyone?

AnneP
I'm planning on running the 50k at Wildcat. Last year was disappointing when I pulled out after 2 loops due to blisters and a knee that decided to act up during the last loop run. :(