Wawayanda Park Feedback

Matterw
I am looking for 18+ mi. trail runs that do not loop. Usually I go to Ringwood or Columbia but looking for something different. Does anyone have any experience with Wawayanda that they can share?

Thanks.

Re: Wawayanda Park Feedback

tfarabaugh
I just did a 21 mile loop in Stanton Circular and Norvin Green, going over the Wayayanda High Point.  Parked at the lot for Stonetown, which brought us back to the car to refill water before heading out to Norvin Green.  20.92 miles with 4,700 feet of elevation, it was a hard earned workout!

I am not sure about a full 18 mile loop within Norvin Green itself but you can certainly string a few different loops together.  You should also look to Harriman and Ramapo.

Re: Wawayanda Park Feedback

You can always try running the entire Suffern-Bear Mountain Trail or Ramapo Dunderberg Trail, both in Harriman, both roughly 23 HARD miles, both ends of each trail accessible via public transportation...

Re: Wawayanda Park Feedback

ItsBob
You can do 2 out an backs on the AT starting at the park headquarters. 1 north, 1 south. Lots of rocky diverse terrain further out from the park headquarters, easier running closer in. It also has a healthy bear population :)

Re: Wawayanda Park Feedback

Matterw
Appreciate the suggestions.  Keeps things new and interesting.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2016, at 5:07 PM, ItsBob [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

You can do 2 out an backs on the AT starting at the park headquarters. 1 north, 1 south. Lots of rocky diverse terrain further out from the park headquarters, easier running closer in. It also has a healthy bear population :)

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Wawayanda-Park-Feedback-tp7580181p7580186.html
To unsubscribe from Wawayanda Park Feedback, click here.

Re: Wawayanda Park Feedback

Michael732
Wawayanda Park is good enough for Ragnar Trails so I think you can get a lot of miles from several of the trails surrounding the lake.

Mike