Volunteer for Mountain Madness

NJ Trail Series
I know a lot of you will be running the Mountain Madness course but is there anyone on here that would be interested in volunteering at an aid station?

As many runners on this board can attest volunteers make an event and your efforts would be truly appreciated.

Plus you get to drink all the beer at the end with out the strenuous running.

Rick

Re: Volunteer for Mountain Madness

Volunteering at these races is definitely a great time.  It might even make you wonder why you were actually running them in the first place!

Rick, about the MoMa course change, is the first aid station now AS2 at 8.25 miles?

Re: Volunteer for Mountain Madness

NJ Trail Series
I am almost positive this is true.  I could put water at 7.5 miles but is it really worth it if you are going to stop .75 miles down the trail anyway?

Thoughts.

Re: Volunteer for Mountain Madness

Agreed, it doesn't make any sense to have an AS at 7.5 and at 8.25.  Since it is so early in the race it shouldn't be an issue having to go a little further between stations.  I wouldn't really want to go 8 miles between aid stations 20 miles into that race though.

Running Volunteer for Mountain Madness

NJ Trail Series
I want to have a sweeper following the last runner on the MoMa course.

Does anyone want to get in any mileage that is not a registered runner?  There are sections from 3+ miles to the whole 31 miles.

You would be responsible for maintaining a 15.4 minute pace and making sure no one gets behind you.  Also you would need to be somewhat familiar with the trail to assist any injured runner the easiest and fastest way to help.

I could run any section with any volunteers any time to make them more comfortable with the trails before hand.

Thanks in advance,
Rick