Vermont 50

Mountain Goat
Who's in? I'll be there

Re: Vermont 50

Jules
In

Re: Vermont 50

In

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2014, at 6:04 AM, "Mountain Goat [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Who's in? I'll be there

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Vermont-50-tp7579514.html

Re: Vermont 50

Scott H
In.

Re: Vermont 50

Tommy
Same weekend as Mountain Madness, so I will miss it, unfortunately.  Looking for a 50 miler in early November, any one know of one that is somewhat local?

Re: Vermont 50

casual rick
Will the 50 miler sell out?
Anyone done it before that can give a little insight?

Re: Vermont 50

Scott H
Hi Rick,
The race usually fills up by August - the mtn. bike race filled up in 15 minutes, so who knows! There is a 600 runner limit.
This will be my third year doing the race. From their website, "About 2/3 of the 50 Mile course is on trails or jeep (unimproved) roads. 30% is on smooth, rolling gravel roads and 3% is on pavement. It is a challenging course, with 8,900' of vertical, good footing/traction." Noting too technical like Bear Mountain or MoMa.
The weather is iffy at that time of year, as it rained almost the entire time in 2012. The event is really well organized with great energy and well-stocked aid stations. Beautiful scenery and a course that is spectator-friendly.

Re: Vermont 50

Tommy
Scott - Is it a point to point or a large loop?  What is the average finish time?  Seems like from the description it would be a bit easier going than the North Face was, which is appealing.

Re: Vermont 50

Scott H
Tommy, it's a large loop. The speedy guys finish a little over 6 hours. I think Mike Dixon held the course record at one point. Much easier on the feet than Bear Mtn., but the hills can take a toll on the legs.

Re: Vermont 50

casual rick
Great stuff Scott, thanks.