Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Just added a trail directory to the site.  The goal is to have trails from all regions of NJ represented in the directory.  So please post any of the places that you love to run, and they will be added to the directory.

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
can i post trails from VA

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

  Yea, that would be great! And then Tom can post his favorite UK trails, and we can change the groups name to the International Trail and Ultra Runners.

I wouldn't mind adding local NY trails though.

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Red Runner
Hi, I live in Ocean County and there are a few trails done here in the Shore area. Nothing too steep, but definitely challenging. I am really new to trail running (been a roadie all my life, but a huge fan of XC running going back to HS) but really do love it!.
I intend on posting some of the trails I have run on in. I will try to get pictures as well.

Here is one of the "unknown" diamonds here in Ocean County:

Just ran last week at Wells Mills in Waretown ( Exit 69 off of the GSP in Ocean County)

They have a 8.4 mile trail called the Penns Hill Trail (Macri trail on PDF http://www.ocean.nj.us/parks/WMCP%20Brochure%20WEB.pdf)

The trail is technical, single track, crossings over streams. Elevation rolls with max elevation of 130', but those sections can be challenging. The trail is overgrown in areas, but marked very well (even has mile markers posted). Most of the trail is either dirt or sandy, but you do have sections with pine straw (some moss?) and where its inhospitable, the county has built single track boardwalk areas to run over. You do have to be careful, it is an area with ticks, and I did come out of there with chiggers (GRRR)
Otherwise its is beautiful. They also have shorter mountain bike trails that you can run on. They are wider and intersect the Penns Hill at sections.

Hopefully some of you will get to run this and see how great it is.

Tad

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Tad
Some Bergen County trails...

Tenafly Nature Center and Lost Brook Preserve. Around 7 miles of trails. Located at 315 Hudson Ave, Tenafly, NJ,

Link to trail map... http://www.tenaflynaturecenter.org/Trail%20Map%20%28large%29.htm

Palisades Interstate Park NJ Section. Runs from Fort Lee to New York State Line (just beyond, actually). Somewhere near 30 miles of trails I would think. Park Headquarters located at 1 Alpine Approach Road, Alpine, NJ.

Link to park web site... http://http//www.njpalisades.org/
Link to trail map... http://www.njpalisades.org/2010_nj_map.pdf

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

gohmdoree
Tad, I was actually told that the trail that runs along the Palisades will continue all the way up to Albany.  Any takers?

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

xray9960
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I wanted to add some trails to the directory that I run at:

1) http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=Washington_Valley_Park

2)http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=Sourlands_Mountain_Preserve

3)http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=Six_Mile_Run_Reservoir_Site

And 6 Mile Run Park is right next to the D&R canal towpath so you can loop into that also.

Hope to get togther soon on a group run with you guys.

Roger
Dom

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Dom
Not exactly exclusively NJ but they just finished connecting a large part of it (in Kenilworth NJ of all places.....part of the Lenape)but its an amazing project regardless.

http://www.greenway.org/index.shtml

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Thanks guys! I will try to add these today or tomorrow. Dom, we are in your neck of the woods a lot this Saturday, hope you make it out.
Dom

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Dom
Hey Chris Im actually heading North to do the 1st Winter series half marathon tomorrow otherwise I would join you guys(been a while!!). My long runs are a bit later in the day at the weekends with kid stuff taking up tooooo much time(kind of ending now). Wife has me tagging along to(yet another pointless)family do tomorrow night......thank God for beer.

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Kevin Walsh
You got to check out Allaire State Park in southern Monmouth County over 800 acres and tones of trails.  they are almost all single track but a lot of fun and varying degree of difficulty.  I have maps too if you need them.

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

nnjtrailrunner
Kittatinny Valley state park has some nice trails ranging in difficulty.

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

jbyram2
Mercer County Park Has some good trails, Mostly flat single track winding through the forest.
http://www2.jorba.org/images/b/bf/2010_SMART_trail_map.jpg
If you don't mind getting your feet wet and muddy you can run all the way around the lake~7.5 miles

Clayton park in Monmouth County is also good with a few more hills, but for shorter runs:
http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/documents/130/clayton_6_10.pdf

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

Viva De Vivo
Hey everyone, my name is Joe, signed up today hoping to meet new runners and discover new places to trek. I didn't see anyone post "6 Mile Run" on here yet, so I thought I would share. It is considered a part of the D and R canal. I absolutely love this place. I usually mountain bike it but it is absolutely phenomenal to run. I attached a link to the pdf. of the trails. There are a couple of different blazes and they range widely in difficulty and length. Hope yall enjoy!

http://www.dandrcanal.com/pdf/SixMileRun_Trails_3-2010.pdf

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

jbyram2
Even though it's a mountain biking site, www.mtbnj.com has a great directory of NJ trails:

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

JRMtown
Apawasha preserve in West Milford. Nice little 5 miler loop around a few lakes.

Re: Trail Directory - Calling All Trail Runners.

jamiek
What about Thompson Park in Monmouth County? I mean, I suppose you could add EVERY NJ park on that level, but I like that park (Ok, I partially like it because it's really really close to my house).

But does have some pretty areas!