Trail Conditions

Mountain Peak Fitness
I would like to post trail conditions for the rest of the winter for the Ramapo mountain area and Harriman State Park... Today the trails were in perfectly covered with one inch of snow some icy sections but not bad. Wore Yaktraks just to be on the safe side. Heard wild ATV users and saw a couple of ice fisherman and hunters. Remember always wear something bright during hunting season.

Enjoy! and Good luck to all participating in the 50k this weekend!
Elizabeth Carrion

Re: Trail Conditions

That is great Elizabeth!  I know there is a big group of you highlands runners, that would be interested in this.  Are you doing bear mountain this year?

Re: Trail Conditions

Mountain Peak Fitness
I would like to do the North Face 50 again but the MMT is one week later.. Last year I tried to do both and made it to mile 50 of MMT with a sprained ankle.. So this year I will focus on the MMT... I will be training on the course a bunch and I will be there race day supporting clients and friends. Are you participating in the North Face.... Check out our video of last years 50 mile race that's Nikki kimball the female leader... North Face Video

If you can't open this just go to Mountainpeakfitness.com and open the video page..

Re: Trail Conditions

Really great video.  I plan on doing the Bear Mountain NF event, but haven't decided on what distance yet.  Still trying to work out this years races.  How would you compare the terrain to Ringwood?