Thank you Deirdre!!!

Just wanted to thank Deirdre for not only hosting the group run at Chimney Rock, but also creating a custom trail map for the days planned route, which contained special trail notes and directions to the nearest Dunking Doughnuts!  She also even went out and pre-marked a section of the course with primitive stick art at a difficult turn.  Pretty awesome.

Had a lot of fun today. Thanks!

I hope no one gets used to this level of service!

Re: Thank you Deirdre!!!

Tom7
Agree. A good run at a new venue.

Thanks to Deirdre for the map which I am very pleased to announce passes the English-English spellcheck.

Was also a pleasant surprise to see Jason turn up about 90minutes late after first going to Ringwood.
Actually with Jason that was no surprise at all.

Just 5 more work days to get through before next weekends run.

Cheers

dp

Re: Thank you Deirdre!!!

dp
Thank you!   It's always fun to run with you guys (and to see Jason in the parking lot).

There are still lots of trails (the easier, not so rocky ones) we didn't get to run, so come again.

Re: Thank you Deirdre!!!

Yes, it was splended to bask in your post-run endorphin high, although I was more like on a flavoured coughfee spin at that point. I was so inspired by the encouragement of the sherpas of Watchung (now I know I won't need a triple layered hooded North Face down coat and training in outer space to attempt the ultra) that I did a loop later and a little in the dark- it was a lot of fun! I think I've read you guys have done that all nighter-thing before right?
Dom

Re: Thank you Deirdre!!!

Dom
Thought i'd pop in and say hello.Despite managing to get through JFK injury free I managed to gimp up my ankle(no such verb as the verb 'to gimp' but doesnt look like bad grammar is an impediment to posting)doing an easy 5 on a completely flat ashphalt path a week after......nice. Anyway wife and sprogs are sick of me limping around the house whingeing so i thought Id whinge here...hopefully next week should be good. Im going to do the Lewis Morris run Saturday for a test drive with the eldest cost centre....she'll wipe the floor with me but i can blame the ankle.

This is what happens North of 40 beware.....
dp

Re: Thank you Deirdre!!!

dp
JRMotown wrote
flavoured coughfee
heehee. Well done.

Dom, feel better. As a fellow north of 40er, I say show these kids how it's done on Saturday. Good luck!

(I just happened by. I never check this site, Chris.  )

Re: Thank you Deirdre!!!

Dom.
Love the word "Gimp"
And I have to say the word "sprogs" is truly poetic!
And there is nothing wrong with starting a sentence with the word "and"

Hope to see you out again with us youngsters soon.

Cheers