Tamany loops on Saturday 7/5?

eric ashley
Hi All,

Anyone up for a few loops on Mt Tamany this Saturday?  I'm not thinking of starting too early (courtesy of the independence festivities), but maybe 10 or 11 am?

cheers,
Eric

Re: Tamany loops on Saturday 7/5?

JRMotown
I was planning on Bear loops that day, but may change that!

Re: Tamany loops on Saturday 7/5?

eric ashley
I'd be happy either way.  I'm not very familiar with the trails around Bear, but it could be cool to follow someone who is!

Re: Tamany loops on Saturday 7/5?

JRMotown
If you want to I'll be at the parking lot at 7am- here's directions:

Start at parking lot, run to the right towards the start of the big climb up the trail with stairs and such

At the top run up the road until the trail continues on the left,

go up to tower and run across the road following the white blaze

keeo following along the ridge, drop down onto the fire road and turn right.

Optional to make it 8.5ish - run up perkins until you see the red blaze on the right, back down to where the trail continues across the road

follow trail until turns into another wide trail and turn right. will soon become yellow.

Follow yellow all the way up and then down into the parking area again.

Re: Tamany loops on Saturday 7/5?

eric ashley
oh man, i think i'm still going to be sleeping at 7 am :(  I'll try to plan better for one of these other weekends and catch up with you then.

for any other non-morning people out there, i'm planning to start at the dunnfield creek parking lot at 11 am tomorrow.