TR24

Tom7
Hello Boys and Girls

Several bits of news.

Have arrived safely in Shanghai.

Shanghai waiters do not understand tips. I left a tip on the table and left the restaurant. The waiter ran after me and gave me my money back thinking I'd forgotten it. Oh how I miss the US 20% rule.

Facebook doesn't work here. I'm happy to trade a little freedom for excellent cheap food and no mandatory tip.

Ran the TR24 in UK last weekend. Came 2nd out of 100 solo males. 190Km/118miles in 24hrs~30mins. (You finish the lap you started before the 24hr time). Not bad eh! The course is no Mountain Madness but still a little hilly with some mild/moderate technical stuff. Pretty chuffed.

A 13hr flight, 1 day after running 190Km is a bad idea.

Still following you guys. Make sure Jasons Leadville report goes on here as I can't get the FB - Good luck Jason, you deserve a great run. Same goes for Maylon and Madness.

Keep well guys and see y'all one day maybe.

Cheers

Re: TR24

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Awesome job on the run! Have you scoped out where to run in Shanghai yet?

Re: TR24

JulieNotFromPA
Wow Tom - great run!  So tough to fly for so long after a run.
I had a much shorter flight from Colorado to NJ - I wore compression tights which helped some.
No pressure - but the Boulder thread posts lots of cool pics ;)

Re: TR24

no running yet. stil recouperating from the run. Plus spending my timlearning the new job, larning the new bars and finding somewhere to live.
No photos from me from TR24 although there are plenty on the website.
Wll get some from China when  get thelycra on again

Ciao
Dom

Re: TR24

Dom
"ciao"????.......is this a new northern term?just wondered....

Re: TR24

Nice job Tom... glad to hear you made it... I'll stop posting to your facebook... forgot that thing is banned.

Re: TR24

JRMotown
Sweet job man on the 24. I think I would be even more lost in translation than the ordinary out there. How was the course? More importantly, how are the brews? Getting my winter gear out to pick a pair of thinsulates for the night portion. I wonder if I will be the last member of this forum to spot a bear, and in, well, bear country. I'll try to make the report interesting other than saying I was running, I was walking, I was eating,

Cheers,

Re: TR24

awesome Tom, sounds like your doing pretty good overall.  Look forward to hear more about any races you do.
Moore