Sunday's morning run?

NJ Trail Series
Details for the Week's Group Run
Sunday - October 24, 2010 - 8:30am
This Sunday, we will be mixing things up and meeting at... Watchung Reservation at 8:30am. But instead of running the Sierra Trail, we will explore all the other interior trails Watchung has to offer.  Distance? I have no idea, probably in between 8-12.  So bring your adventure hats (what ever that means), and be ready to possibly hop fences and sneak across private land (not really...I hope). All runners are welcome.  See the below map for directions to the meeting location.

Have you ever thought of just trying a new location?  Or possible having someone leave ten minutes early and lay flour (like the hash) and everyone else has to follow.  May switch it up a little so you don't just run the same loop every week.
Also, an idea would be to have a different person step up and lead a new trail run each week.  Introduce us all to new trails all over.

Just throwing ideas out there.  I can't always make Watchung but would love to see new places.

Rick

Re: Sunday's morning run?

Ha! Didn't you see we are running South Mountain next week?

But seriously, I love the idea of trying someplace different every week, with a new guide.

Who's first?

Re: Sunday's morning run?

JRMotown
There's a good coupla trail up at Harriman I've scoped out. A little on the rocky side at points though. If anyone is interested I'll set one up maybe next month.

Re: Sunday's morning run?

I am ready when ever you need someone.

I will guide us around the Split Rock Reservoir.  Here is a description of the run.  http://gonehikin.blogspot.com/2010/07/splitrock-reservoirfarny-state-park.html

Let me know when it is my turn.

I can guide us on each part of the 4 Birds Trail over different weeks.  There is another good run starting from the Bat Caves.

Rick

Re: Sunday's morning run?

Probably won't see you guys tomorrow. Have to back home by 8 30 to watch Stoke City Vs Man Utd.
If I can be arsed I'll run at 6 30 same route. Going on past experience I probably won't.

Have a good one.

Re: Sunday's morning run?

JRMotown
Good to see you guys shortly out there, how the rest of the run go? Looked like they were setting up for monster truck madness on the parking lot.

Re: Sunday's morning run?

Went good, we did a solid three hours.  Did your get 25 miles in?

Yea, it was the busiest I have ever seen that lot, the haunted hayride was a big hit.

Re: Sunday's morning run?

Rick, next week is South Mountain, but can you lead a run at Splitrock on November 7th?

Re: Sunday's morning run?

JRMotown
Only 24 but had I got lost I woulda reached the goal. I need new excuses now. Look forward to SM next week, 8:30?

Re: Sunday's morning run?

I'll say yes now, but my son's soccer schedule is pretty fluid right now with a lot of cancellations and make up games so I may have to change times or weeks.

Rick