Sunday run anybody?

Mountain Goat
Anyone still running? Would like to head out Sunday am. Either sth mtn, Watchung  or Lewis Morris.

Jay

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Jay
i might be up for this

Re: Sunday run anybody?

bhousel
I'm up for 10mi at Watchung starting around 7.

Re: Sunday run anybody?

tfarabaugh
I never miss a weekend but I am Saturdays in Ramapo.

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Moms RUN This Town
There are a few of us from the Union County Moms RUN This Town club interested in trying trail running on Sunday.  We are looking to run about 6 miles and our trail running experience varies.  What is the Sierra Loop like in Watchung?

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Sebounet
The Sierra loop is the white trail in the Watchung reservation.
Usually runners start at the parking lot at the Deserted Village. It is a 11 mile loop of moderate difficulty (terrain not too technical, some parts are easy to cruise on and some are more rocky).

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 7, 2013, at 1:34 PM, "Moms RUN This Town [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

There are a few of us from the Union County Moms RUN This Town club interested in trying trail running on Sunday.  We are looking to run about 6 miles and our trail running experience varies.  What is the Sierra Loop like in Watchung?

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sunday-run-anybody-tp7578891p7578895.html

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Moms RUN This Town
Thank you!  Do you know of a shorter loop in Watchung or have any recommendations for a 6 - 7 mile trail run of easy to moderate difficulty?

Re: Sunday run anybody?

bhousel
In Watching the Sierra Loop is 10 miles (white blazes) and the History Loop is 6 miles (pink blazes).  The History Loop is a bit easier, especially the bridle paths around Lake Surprise.

If you want, sometime I or my wife can show you around - we both run in Watchung Reservation all the time!

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Moms RUN This Town
Thanks bhousel:)  Where would be the best place to park for the history loop?  Do you think trail running shoes are necessary or would regular runnning shoes be ok?  We have a somewhat large group in our running club interested in trying a trail run this sunday and I wanted to give everyone some background info.

Re: Sunday run anybody?

bhousel
Deserted Village parking lot is an ok medium sized lot, but keep your stuff hidden because I had my car broken into there last year.  Lake Surprise has a smaller lot, and the Trailside Nature Center has a big lot.  You can access the pink or white trails from any of those spots.

Regular running shoes are ok, but they may get wet or muddy so don't wear your favorite pair.  I don't think people need to buy dedicated trail shoes unless they are sure this is something they want to continue doing.

Also you might want to advise people to bring their own water.  Trailside Nature Center has a fountain where you can fill up.

What time is your group starting out?  Are you definitely running Sunday or is Monday (holiday) a possibility?   I'm planning on running in Watchung both days, but my wife might want to join you sometime.  So maybe I'll change my schedule around.

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Moms RUN This Town
We are definitely running Sunday at 9:00 and I'll just tell everyone to meet at the Trailside parking lot.  She is welcome to join us!  She is also welcome to join our running club's facebook group.  We plan a lot of group runs and running events.  It is free.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/UnionCountyNJMRRT/

Jay

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Jay
Len hows about the usual lot at like 8/830ish? i think i talked Chris into coming too

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Sebounet
Chris? who is that guy again?????

On Nov 7, 2013, at 10:13 PM, Jay [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Len hows about the usual lot at like 8/830ish? i think i talked Chris into coming too

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sunday-run-anybody-tp7578891p7578902.html

Re: Sunday run anybody?

RunningFoxNJ
Hi! I'm Bhousel's wife, Mary. :)

I'm pretty sure Bryan can finish his run and get home in time for me to join you ladies for your run Sunday. I know the 6mi History trail well in the Reserve, and I'd be happy to show you the trail. I'll also join up the group on Facebook- thanks for the invite!

I also ran NYCM so hoping I'm all rested and healed up from that race.
Live life to the fullest, no excuses.

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Moms RUN This Town
Mary, sounds good!  I ran NYCM too, so I'll be taking it slow, but my legs feel fine at this point.   See you Sunday!

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Runningfoxnj
Congrats on finishing NYCM! See you Sunday!

Re: Sunday run anybody?

Mountain Goat
OK. 8:30 at deserted village lot on Sunday