Sunday Run - November 14

12

Sunday Run - November 14

South Mountain Reservation at 7:30am.  Out and back on Blue (5 miles), which I think is a great trail and we haven't run it in a while (and I know it is Jules' favorite trail ).    Then we can re-group at the cars and do the full Lenape out and back (13ish miles).  I'm thinking it will take 3-4 hours.

And if there is any interest in pancakes at the Millburn Diner across the street, I could be persuaded to go after the run.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Dave K
As long as there are a few slow pokes like me, I'm in.  Can't do post-run pancakes this time though... guests coming this weekend.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

bardbu
I just wimped out of signing up for Schooley #4. I'll see you Sunday. I'm a definite maybe for hotcakes.
Watchung was a blast!

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

gohmdoree
Schedule is out in New Paltz for me, but think I will make it out for the next one, schedule permitting.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

I added the run to the main page. Talked to Jules "Silentstorm" Moore today, and he is in for Sunday.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
The blue trail? You didn't tell me we were running that trail?  DAMN!!  See you sunday should be fun.
Moore
dp

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

dp
Had an awesome week of miles -- more running that riding even! But not up for 18 ... yet. Thinking I'll either do the five, then do that loop again if anyone would like to join for 10. Or I'll eat something better than cookies and meet everyone after your five for the 13.

If there are enough people that a group breaks off from the fast kids, that will be great. If not, I'll have a trail map with me.

These runs are so fun! Thank you!

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

JRMotown
Sounds good

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Dave K
My guests are not coming after all (I must have scared them away), so I am totally in for pancakes after the run!

Mmmmm... pancakes.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Sundays forecast for me is likely 90% chance of hangover, 10% chance of running with ya'll.

I'll give it my best, but Sat night my wife is dragging me to our favorite 'The Brandy Library' in the city....and...well they have a 10 page Scotch list printed in bible sized font...

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

vford
Are there others interested in doing the 5m x2?  Don't want to commit to the 13 without seeing the trail first.

Haven't been to this park before - terrain?  rocks or dirt, single track?  and lastly the obvious question from a female...are there toilets at the trailhead?

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Dave K
The 13M trail is mostly single track, though there is some bridle path or double track mixed in there.  It's very runnable and no need to worry about speed, it all works out in the end.  The 5M x 2 will be no better than doing the 13M :)  If you're not sure about the distance, come out for the 13M - since we are going to force Chris to go for pancakes after the run.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

vford
Thanks Dave.  Now if only I could get the kids to cooperate with their last minute schedules.  Looks like I have to run locally (Tourne Park) tomorrow.  I'll catch the group on another weekend.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Dave K
LOL - yeah, I know the drill all too well.  Luckily my kids are all set tomorrow and I have the morning free to run.  See you one of these weekends.
dp

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

dp
Hey, v.

I'm a bit on slower side, but I am still thinking of two loops of the 5m, in case your schedule opens up again. (I have to be back for the kids, too, so can't do the 13, either).

About toilets at the TH -- there are lots of places on the drive in to stop, but nothing "official" in the parking lot.

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Great run today everyone.  Some one was a little more anmiated than usually (you know who you are).

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Kristen
LOL!! Love the Kermit, Jules! Thank you guys so much again for pulling me out of my dark moments today, and sticking with me. You guys are the best :)

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

Yep, very good run today.  Those pancakes were well earned!

Started out at the suicide pace that Len set, luckily he only did the first 5 miles. Then we settled into a real nice and steady pace for the rest of the run.

I think if everyone rereads my original post, you will see some underlying sarcasm when referencing the blue trail, which I think everyone can appreciate now.
dp

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

dp
RNR wrote
I think if everyone rereads my original post, you will see some underlying sarcasm when referencing the blue trail, which I think everyone can appreciate now.
And I thought I might do that blue trail twice!   hahahaha

Re: Sunday Run - November 14

NJ Trail Series
Did you see any flour out there?  The hash ran on the Blue and a little bit of the Lenape trail on Saturday.
12