Scott Jurek running Easter Marathon in Bronx

Scott Jurek running Easter Marathon in Bronx

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
In cash anyone is interested...I just spoke with my neighbor Scott Jurek and he said he's running the bronx marathon tomorrow....

Re: Scott Jurek running Easter Marathon in Bronx

Mountain Goat
Neighbour?

Re: Scott Jurek running Easter Marathon in Bronx

TadHawk
Thanks for the heads up. Saw this this morning so Will and I headed across the river for the 1 loop quarter marathon "10K".

Will blames me for not setting a faster pace. I blame the non-aerodynamic bunny ears.

That is a great picture Tad!

Re: Scott Jurek running Easter Marathon in Bronx

TadHawk
I should also add that Scott Jurek is likely the most down-to-earth famous person you are likely to meet. Before the race he posed for pictures with everyone who wanted to and talked with them about whatever they wanted to talk about. He must have started near the back of the pack because he caught up to us after a mile or so. When he noticed Will he started up a conversation with him asking how he was doing, what kind of running he usually did, etc. He jogged along and talked to us for a couple minutes before he continued along. We got this picture after we were done with our loop and before he went back out for his second.