Saturday 9/7 - Ringwood / MoMa

Steve
I'm planning to recon the MoMa course (everything but the bike loop) starting at 7am this Saturday. I want to start at Shepherd Lake to get a feel for the start, run it it order and get a feel for the changes to the course. I expect the overall to be 22 -24 miles. My pace will be slow. The last two runs there for me averaged between 14 - 16 min / miles with some definite power hiking thrown in on the steeper sections. There should still be water available at Yaw Paw (AS1) and at the end of the silver leg (AS4) for refills. Also plenty of places to turn around / bail for sorter distance.

All are welcome as usual.

Re: Saturday 9/7 - Ringwood / MoMa

tfarabaugh
How much further driving from Upper Skyline is Shepherd Lake, timewise?

Re: Saturday 9/7 - Ringwood / MoMa

Steve
About 15 minutes more or less...from skyline to shepherd
I know Tom picked it up on Facebook but putting it here as well in case others are interested...

Re: Saturday 9/7 - Ringwood / MoMa

tfarabaugh
I'm going to go out of Upper Skyline at little later, maybe I will see you on the trail!

Re: Saturday 9/7 - Ringwood / MoMa

Scott M
Is there a gate that needs to be open to reach the parking lot at Shepard Lake?  If so, does anyone know what time it opens? I am hoping to run there very early Sunday morning if possible.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Saturday 9/7 - Ringwood / MoMa

Steve
Ok - Tom - enjoy

Scott M - I've never seen that gate closed but if it is you can park at the botanical garden and run in