Sat 2/8 Run

12

Sat 2/8 Run

Kristina
Anyone not running Febapple or just looking to get miles in? Don't have a particular distance in mind just some fun miles. Open to location. It's been awhile since I've seen you guys. And I could use a run with a human...Though I know my dog appreciates the miles, maybe not the conversation so much

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Sebounet
Kristina,

We are thinking going out at around 8:30 on Saturday.
Due to trail conditions that are pretty bad (10' snow covered by a thick layer of ice), not sure of the location yet and if possible at all.

Will post updates.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 7, 2014, at 8:53 AM, "Kristina [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Anyone not running Febapple or just looking to get miles in? Don't have a particular distance in mind just some fun miles. Open to location. It's been awhile since I've seen you guys. And I could use a run with a human...Though I know my dog appreciates the miles, maybe not the conversation so much

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sat-2-8-Run-tp7579139.html

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

jbyram2
I can't count on conditions improving by the 22nd, so I'll be there to find out what I'm in for..  Are snowshoes allowed in a trail race?    It should get pretty tromped down by the 2nd lap, since all the short races will have started by the time I finish lap 1.

For the run I'm thinking 4-6 hours worth of however far I can get. 8:30 works for me.

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Scott H
Okay, I just got back from Watchung (12:30 pm on Friday). Started at DV and tried to run the pink trail to the left. If you stayed on the one cross country ski track is was terrible. If you didn't stay on the track it was worse than terrible. I ran .4 of a mile and turned around. How about a group road run tomorrow?

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Sebounet
Hills by SoMo?
I have a good one hill loop

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 7, 2014, at 1:40 PM, "Scott H [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Okay, I just got back from Watchung (12:30 pm on Friday). Started at DV and tried to run the pink trail to the left. If you stayed on the one cross country ski track is was terrible. If you didn't stay on the track it was worse than terrible. I ran .4 of a mile and turned around. How about a group road run tomorrow?

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sat-2-8-Run-tp7579139p7579145.html

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

JRMotown
I need a long run in tomorrow- hiking long on Harriman sunday. I have been trying to figure out where there are some good road hills, because as Scott shows it looks like going long on trails seems counterproductive right now.

However, watchung might be ok with Microspikes tomorrow and SOMA could be even better with the 1.75 mile hill loop that everyone hates/loves.. But still skeptical.

Perhaps there is a way to combine less-trafficy roads between SOMA and Watchung so it can be a free form type of thing.

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Kristina

If you guys want some good road hills you're more than welcome to come up to me in Sparta. There are some beauties just down the street from my house :-D I'd like to think my fitness has improved slightly just because I HAVE to run these whether I want to run 3 miles or 13.

With that said I've run many training runs in morris twp just past loantaka with some nice hills all the way to the great swamp.

Kristina

On Feb 7, 2014 2:08 PM, "JRMotown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need a long run in tomorrow- hiking long on Harriman sunday. I have been trying to figure out where there are some good road hills, because going long on trails seems counterproductive right now.

However, watchung might be ok with Microspikes tomorrow and SOMA could be even better with the 1.75 mile hill loop that everyone hates/loves.. But still skeptical.

Perhaps there is a way to combine less-trafficy roads between SOMA and Watchung so it can be a free form type of thing.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sat-2-8-Run-tp7579139p7579147.html
To unsubscribe from Sat 2/8 Run, click here.

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Scott H
Isn't Sparta in Ohio. :-)
Loantaka sounds interesting.

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Kristina, Sparta sounds pretty cool. Was just asking a coworker about up there as well. I'm in for 20-25 if possible. I tend to meander a lot :)

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Sebounet
So multiple options this weekend!

Sparta being a little too far for me, I will be at 8:30am on Saturday at the Locus Grove Parking lot (across the street from the Millburn Public library, in South Mountain Reservation).

Considering that the trails are pretty bad, chances are we will go on the road just around the reservation and go for hill repeats. There are really log and hard hills around the reservation.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 7, 2014, at 3:06 PM, "JRMotown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Kristina, Sparta sounds pretty cool. Was just asking a coworker about up there as well. I'm in for 20-25 if possible. I tend to meander a lot :)

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sat-2-8-Run-tp7579139p7579150.html

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Kristina I can join you at Sparta or the group at SOMA. No problem either way- default ill head to soma

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

jbyram2
SoMo for me.  Locust grove at 8:30
Jay

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Jay
i havent ran a single mile this week, work has been non stop due to the snow. so tomorrow i plan on sleeping in. i plan on heading out locally on sunday and hopefully my knee decides it likes to run again. have fun tomorrow guys, ill be there in spirit.

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Sebounet
Just have a MoJo bar and you'll feel better!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 7, 2014, at 5:42 PM, "Jay [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

i havent ran a single mile this week, work has been non stop due to the snow. so tomorrow i plan on sleeping in. i plan on heading out locally on sunday and hopefully my knee decides it likes to run again. have fun tomorrow guys, ill be there in spirit.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sat-2-8-Run-tp7579139p7579154.html

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Kristina

Sparta could very well be considered Ohio. Though I do have a stop n shop and a liquor store 2 miles from the house so I can't complain. Lake Mohawk is an 8 mile loop. 10 (ok maybe 19.8) if I run from my house. I don't do it often bc of the ridiculous hills I encounter coming home. I've also run to and around lake hopatcong from the house to get up in the miles.

I'm up for either up here or loantaka area. I'll do my best to keep up. fair warning: I'm slower. :-)

Kristina

On Feb 7, 2014 3:06 PM, "JRMotown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kristina, Sparta sounds pretty cool. Was just asking a coworker about up there as well. I'm in for 20-25 if possible. I tend to meander a lot :)

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Sat-2-8-Run-tp7579139p7579150.html
To unsubscribe from Sat 2/8 Run, click here.
NAML
Jay

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Jay
i wasn't aware there was a jokes section on this forum

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Where do you think is a good place to start? I'm definitely up for a 10 mile loop with tons of hills. Looking to get 20-25 in at around 8-8:30 pace.

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Steve
This thread was so confusing, I had to go out for a run just to figure it all out. I took the upper road that drops down into Watchung from my house. I didn't get very far once the road turned to snow. The post hole pops through the upper ice crust cut right into the ankles. I was bleeding within minutes. No good. Two choices in my mind. Cut a path around the 1.75 SoMo hill loop with a few warm up laps to do repeats or go for one of those awful road runs. See you at locust 8:30. Road shoes will be on my feet with trail shoes in the trunk in case you folks want to have a good cry together.

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Kristina
Jason you'll be done before I'm halfway there. Many of the club runners up here either park across the street from the country club (you can't miss it): Lake Mohawk Country Club 21 Boardwalk, Sparta Township, NJ 07871
OR they start from Station park (Station Road, Sparta, NJ in google maps) and run down Main St to the lake and back which maybe be more up your alley. Though it's easy to manipulate the route.

Here's a rough map
http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/lake-mohawk-nj/lake-mohawk-w-shore-route-1448038

Re: Sat 2/8 Run

Steve
Kristina you missed Jody's singing today.
12