Running with the Devil

In typical Rick McNulty fashion, this turned out to be another brutal (but always fun) event.  With 933 feet of elevation gain/loss and 95+ degree temperatures, each runner had to dig deep to make their way up and down the 2 mile looped course. Although it was a steep and rocky way up, reaching the summit was rewarded with an awesome view of the under lying valley. On the way down, not much relief was gained from the descent, which tested the fortitude of the stoutest runners' knees.

Big congratulations to Jason for taking 1st place overall in the 6hr event.  He had a very impressive performance, managing to net 19 miles. Tom also had a good showing, managing to grab 3rd place male in the same event with 15 miles.  I was entered in the 3hr event and was able to hold my own with a solid 8 miles.

Thanks to Rick, Jenn, and all the volunteers who helped to put this event together!

Re: Running with the Devil

Results:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AicDo8QO8h6gdHF0N29HZjA4ZG56V3haeVl4QnJHQWc&hl=en#gid=2

Photos:

http://www.backprint.com/view_event.asp?PID=bp%1EsBz&EVENTID=70865

Bib numbers:
Me (Chris): 349
Tom: 187
Jason 183

Re: Running with the Devil

Great to run with you all. I've always wondered what happened to ski resorts in the summer, and I promise I will never complain about how long it takes to get up there on a chair lift again.