Running

mpfitness
Hello everyone,

I hope all is well in your individual worlds.. So is anyone running this Sun.?
MountainPeakFitness.com

Re: Running

Elizabeth, how is everything going?  I was going to do the Knickerbocker 60k on Saturday, but don't think I am now, so I might be around.  What were you thinking?

btw - are you ready for the Lenape 2011?

Re: Running

Elizabeth
Lenape all the way!  I would also like to run the long path from the GWB to Harriman before the snow flies. I need a 3.5 to 4 hour consistent run. Knickerbocker crossed my mind but that much pavement so early in my season scares me:). The Thanksgiving marathon in The Bronx looks interesting.

Re: Running

gohmdoree
How come no K60K?

Re: Running

gohmdoree wrote
How come no K60K?
Actually for the same reason mentioned above.  I feel that jumping into a road 60K right now wouldn't be the best idea for me.

Also, the option of running that trail marathon less than a week later added to my decision to hold off.

Are you running it Charles?

Re: Running

Elizabeth,

Tell me more about the long path.  How long? Sounds neat.

-Jules

Re: Running

Some Long Path info:
http://www.nynjtc.org/region/long-path
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Path

I'm not sure, but I don't think it could be much more than 30 miles to Harriman?

Re: Running

seanaes
From GWB to the edge of Harriman SP seems to be about 32 miles and 37ish to Lake Tiorati.

This would be a super fun run and sounds like its mostly on trails

Re: Running

gohmdoree
I'm taking a the dive and running tomorrow.  My longest distance to date is MoMa.  Have bunch of friends running and I'm going to attempt.  Not sure what will be my state after it.  Hopefully not too bad.

Considering I'm trying to run 3 marathons in 8 days this coming March, I figured attempting the ultras might be good training.  Started my marathon training this week, but was pretty weak.

I was going to run the Glen Ridge 8k, but I think I'm going to attempt to run the marathon distance up in Van Cortlandt as well.