Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

NJ Trail Series
For those that don't know NJ Trail Series is putting on a 5K and 10K race in Lewis Morris Park at 9:00am with 5K and 10K distances.

You can easily run the 10K and get in a bunch more miles in Lewis Morris or adjoining Jockey Hollow.  You could also go out for a run on the Patriots Path and get in another 50 miles if you wanted.

ALSO, the Summit Hash is starting their hash about 2 miles away at 3:00pm.  For all those true over achievers you can start your day with a 10K, drink a few beers with me, go get in another 10+ miles then join the hash just down the road for more miles and beers.  I will be there for both events but may not be able to do the 10 miles in the middle.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

JRMotown
10 miles afterwards doesnt sound bad. See you at the race. My cousin is graduating from Marine Corps boot camp this week and we are throwing him a party saturday- might have to jet out early

Re: Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

This looks like it is going to be a really good race with a very nice turn out of runners.  Excellent to see!

I really need to make it out to one of these races, but this Saturday, I will be somewhere on the AT trying my best not to look like a bear!
dp

Re: Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

dp
Hope everyone had a fun race this morning.

How was it?

Re: Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

NJ Trail Series
It went very well.  A few hiccups as the races get bigger.  We need to allot more time or more computers to registration to get it processed faster.  Also with the new timing system there are a few quirks I need to learn with the software.

Over all though we had a great turn out, great weather and also it seemed everyone had a great time.  No one yelled at me and I had a chance to relax with a beer after about 4 hours of stress this morning.

Off to the hash so I can run and drink stress free.

Re: Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

Dave K
The trail was excellent - very runnable with some gentle rolling hills.  Huge turnout of people and as always, a good time after the run.

Re: Running around Morristown this weekend and drinking

Tom7
NJ Trail series taking off big style.

Very good to see. Congrats Rick and Jen. See you at Watchung if not before.