Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

NJ Trail Series
I would like to run the first 7.5 miles of the Ringwood MoMa course possibly this weekend.  Any one up for a run?  I am completely out of shape so this is going to be a fast hike, slow run.

I would meet at Shepherd Pond early morning.  I have some flexibility for Sat or Sun but the earlier the better.

For those that want to run longer and see more of the course we can do an extra bit of out to AS2, up the Green Halifax trail and then in on Red (Ringwood Ramapo Trail) to add 3+ more miles.

Let me know.  I am fine with this being a guided run if you want to advertise it as the weekly run.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
My wife and I are up for either day if you don't mind us tagging along.

I'm thinking about doing the 25k, so this will be a good primer as we've never run it. :)

-Rob & Laurie

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

Its up to you Rick, but I would be up for an early morning Saturday run, 7:30am?

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

NJ Trail Series
So are the four of us still up for Sat morning?  I can do 7:30.  I think the parking lot is open by then.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

I'm in for Saturday.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
we're in for Saturday.

-Rob & Laurie

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

Daddyrox
Does anyone know what time the park is open?  I seem to remember seeing a sign saying 8am, and the website says the same.
Chris

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

NJ Trail Series
8:00 sounds right.  I think that is why I start MoMa at 9:00 (need an hour for registration).

You can usually park in Parking Lot A even if you can't get to Shepherds Pond.  We can try to move this to 8:00, take our chances for 7:30 or just park at Parking Lot A.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

8 is good for me.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

seanaes
I am good for 8 AM as well

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

Damn, I forgot I had a dentist appointment at 10am on Saturday.  Have a good run, see some of you guys on Sunday.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

I'll probably be there

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
My wife and I are still confirmed!

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:15 PM, JRMotown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll probably be there

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

NJ Trail Series
Had a great time this morning on the trails.  It took a little time to explore some of the intersections.  Haven't been on that section.  Need to get back out there and become more familiar with it before race day.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

NJ Trail Series
So I overlaid my run from this morning over the Mountain Bike Loop and we ran the exact course.  So I guess I need to add a little mileage at the beginning.

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Good run, thanks for leading the way!

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

Jessie
Are you planning on doing this again this Saturday morning?

Re: Run a loop at Ringwood (first 7.5 Miles)

NJ Trail Series
This Saturday I will be at Schooleys Mountain for the 5 Mile and 10 Mile race.  There are certain sections of the course that are very similar to the Mountain Madness course.  But also, some of the course is grassy and meadow like (not similar to MoMa at all).

Come on out to Schooleys if you want to run with others in race conditions.

Rick
www.njtrailseries.com