Ringwood area Trail for the future

JRMotown
Not sure if you guys have done this one, but it's pretty good for short and long runs it looks. Only a couple miles from some great views and varies technically. Hopefully it shows up here-

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/58288313

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Tom7
Part of the MoMa course me thinks?

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Tom7 wrote
Part of the MoMa course me thinks?
Almost. The part Jason ran is the blue trail at the very bottom of the map, which crosses the Cannonball trail (part of the MoMa Course) at one point.

https://sites.google.com/site/njtrailseries/mountainmadness/Trail%20Map%202010.jpg?attredirects=0

Starting where Jason did, it looks like we would be able to turn on Cannonball and run north all the way until Shepard's Pond before heading back, which would would be a fun run for the future. No idea on the distance...25 miles?

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Ahahaha! Your "Activity Type" is listed as Stair Climbing!?

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Tom7
Went to the gym earlier. The gym is on the 2nd floor.

A guy took the lift upto the 2nd floor gym, picked up a towell and went straight to the mechanical stair climber.

Quality!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "RNR [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:02:39 -0800 (PST)
To: Tom7<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Ahahaha! Your "Activity Type" is listed as Stair Climbing!?

View message @ http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Ringwood-area-Trail-for-the-future-tp5790464p5790511.html

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Mountain Goat
What the heck is a lift?

If we want to to a ringwood run in future, I know a few routes from running with AJ  up there. His house goes right to the trails

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

JRMotown
My Garmin is always saying that though I have it set to "run". Still seems accurate not sure why it does that

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

There is also another parking lot on the South side of 287 by a soccer field that can hold a lot of cars you can start from.  It is actually the trail head for the Cannon Ball trail.

You could with out doing many roads do a 50M loop from this parking lot.  You could do a lot of the MoMa course and easily add another 19 miles.

Another option is to do a counter clockwise loop from that same parking lot and use completely different trails and still do a 50 Mile loop.  Hmm, double 50 Mile loops sounds like a hell of a 100M fat ass.

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

seanaes
I hiked over here last weekend. Starting from the Skyline Drive parking (location of MoMa Aid Station #5) took the white trail which went down in the direction of 287 then crossed Skyline drive and went over to Ramapo Lake and up to the Castle Ruins. All great trails, even the dirt road that skirts Ramapo Lake.

And speaking of epic loops the Highlands trail goes up the west side of Wanaque Reservoir, to Long Pond Ironworks State Park and you can take a connector trail to Shepards Pond. Would love to do this some day.

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

NJ Trail Series wrote
I had the same exact thought before I even finished reading your post.  That would be a brutal 100 miler though.  Isn't the elevation gain for the MoMa course something like 6 or 7 thousand ft ? Leadville "only" has 15,600.

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

JRMotown
Anyone up for this trail system this week? It has both technical and non technical sections, flat and hilly, and a good sized lake in the middle. Never really too far from the parking lot, although the first climb from the lot can be tricky,

Re: Ringwood area Trail for the future

Can't this weekend Jason, but definitely soon.  As long as you know the way.