Ramapo Reservation 07/12/2014

JohnnyDePaola
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is heading out to Ramapo this weekend? I'm looking to put in 10-12 on the trails, early, probably between 7 and 8am.

I'm thinking that it'll be slow, I've spent most of the spring/summer on the roads and am anxious to test out my 2014 trail legs.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Re: Ramapo Reservation 07/12/2014

casual rick
So interested, but so not able to this time.

Eager to get in some group runs soon.
Where my weekday runners at??

Re: Ramapo Reservation 07/12/2014

JohnnyDePaola
You didn't miss much Rick.

I got lost a whole bunch of times, ran out of water 45 minutes in and had to turn back shortly after I got onto the White Trail. I had fun though!

Re: Ramapo Reservation 07/12/2014

Tommy
Didn't see this until today.  I am out at Ramapo every weekend.  Carry a trail map and get PDF Maps with NY/NJ Map 115 on it and you will be good to go and never get lost!

Re: Ramapo Reservation 07/12/2014

JohnnyDePaola
I usually keep the free pdf one in my pocket and the one you pay for in my pack (I don't want that to get ruined).  I also printed out the map that you (I think it was you) emailed me a few months back, I used your segments to get in my 12 miles.

Yellow was just overgrown, I don't know the trail well so I was stopping often to make sure I wasn't off course.

No complaints though, slow or fast, I love being out there.

Re: Ramapo Reservation 07/12/2014

Tommy
Sorry, I should have been more clear.  PDF Maps is a phone app that takes the official trail maps and uses your GPS to plot your location on it.  If you are unsure of where you are just open the app and it will show you on the trail map!