Pre-philly light run sat

JRMotown
Anyone who wants to head to the trails for a light 4-5 miles early saturday at Watchung?

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

JRMotown
if you want to go longer we can as well

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

Tom7
nope. driving down saturday morning and spending the day eating pizza.
haven't sorted a hotel yet. all the hotels on the marathon website are booked. Any ideas?

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

JRMotown
Someone told me they got a room right at the start the day before, not sure where. It was probably a cheap motel or something. I got a room at one of the hotels if you want to crash. It's the one four miles away. You doing the pasta dinner?

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

Tom7
Ta for the offer but got the wife and kids. We'll find something.
Not doing the pasta dinner.
Too many runners for my liking.

Wait for me at the end of the run. You can buy me a beer.

Cheers

dp

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

dp
Tom, a woman from a tri group I'm in has an extra reserved room she doesn't need. She'll cancel today if she doesn't get a taker to switch the confirmation/credit card ... Sending you the info through email here in case you're interested ...

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

Tom7
Not received the mail yet.
tom7haines@yahoo.co.in

Cheers

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

If worst comes to worst and the one above does'nt work let me know. Yes there will be beer, and I promise no flavored crap or performance-enhancing splenda.
dp

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

dp
Sent you the hotel confirmation info, Tom.

Good luck to you and Jason! Have a great run. Remember to get your hydration at Mile 7. We'll have the best water on the whole course.

Be careful on all that icky asphalt.

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

Tom7
Cheers. All sorted. My children will not have to sleep on a park bench!

See y'all.

Re: Pre-philly light run sat

JRMotown
Something about street marathons, maybe going for a time, or just the fact that there are no trees to escape to for "necessities", thinking about this marathon is building the nerves!