Northface 50 experience ?

Matterw
I ran the Mountain Madness 50k this year and really enjoyed it. It was my first 50k, so now looking for more...  Anyone have any experience to share about the NF 50k in Bear Mountain?
I am thinking about running it next year...  Thanks.

Re: Northface 50 experience ?

tfarabaugh
It is very similar to MoMa, perhaps slightly easier as there are a few road stretches thrown in.  Lots of single track and technical sections, with decent elevation.  It is a well supported event with lots of aid but it is also a lot bigger than MoMA (several hundred runners versus several dozen).  It is in mid-Spring (actually a week earlier this year) so it is likely to be very wet.  Last year was not too bad but the year before was a real foot soaker.  I am doing the 50 miler myself.

Re: Northface 50 experience ?

Yep, Tommy's spot on.  Very similar to MoMa, but slightly easier.

For the 50k, save something for end.  There is one last big climb around mile 26 I believe.

Good finishing atmosphere as well.

Re: Northface 50 experience ?

Matterw
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for.  Really appreciate the feedback.

For this 50k I think I am going to put together a training program. 😀