Next Sunday - December 5th

Tom7
Do our Jersey City and district running buddies fancy hosting a run next weekend?

An urban venue may make a nice change.

dp

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

dp
I'd travel next Sunday(if I can do the pace and distance).

I'd love to host a run in "my" woods sometime soon, too, but it's hard to lead from the back of the pack. I could go out ahead and mark a route, though. Or leave early with a sack of flour for a hash run. I'll work on a 10-mile route ...

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

Kristen
Unfortunately, I'm down and out with a nasty case of plantar faciitis, so I can't host an urban run next weekend. Hopefully, I'll be back in a few weeks. Looks like just swimming and biking for me right now. Sorry everyone :(

Kristen

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

A running route chock full of Dunkin Donuts is always a winner.

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

Tom7
Deirdre - you think you can get something ready by next weekend? What is your local wood anyway?
If not I like Jasons idea of a run/doughnut combination. Jesse Kennedy organised something similar last weekend.
Jason FYI :-doughnut is the correct spelling of the food item stupidly spelled D.O.N.U.T in the good old USofA

Oh and by the way, "dunkin" should be "Dunking"

There endeth the lesson.

Either way lets get a good run posted for a good turn out next week.

Cheers, Not many running days left before Christmas.

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

Kristen wrote
Unfortunately, I'm down and out with a nasty case of plantar faciitis, so I can't host an urban run next weekend.
Real sorry to hear that Kristen.  I know you are a pro at PF, but it is never too late to checkout the always attractive night splints.  http://www.nightsplints.com/night_splints.php

If Deirdre needs more time, I can put together something up my way.  We can start at Eagle Rock Reservation in Montclair, then follow the Lenape on the roads for about a 1.5 miles, before jumping on the West Essex Rail Trail.  We can then run the rail trail around the Cedar Grove Reservoir to Mills Reservation for a few more miles before heading back.   The run can be anywhere from 6 - 25 miles.

Tom, Jules, and I did something similar last year. It was good fun...well for everyone except Jules.
dp

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

dp
I run here a lot. It's a much smaller park than South Mountain or Watchung, so we'd have to do loops out from the parking lot. If you're looking for a longer run (more than 10), it might not be the best place. You'll end up dizzy.

It's pretty much impossible to get lost here, everything gets you back to the parking lot ... eventually, so we could wing it or I could mark it. I could definitely figure something out for Sunday, or we could do this another day if everyone is looking for a longer distance. Chris's route would work better for that.

I'm at these trails a few times a week, so I could "lead" any other day, too. Let me know if you're interested in this one for Sunday.

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

Mountain Goat
I did a race there last winter. Nice trails. Lots of hills. Can get a good run in there

dp

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

dp
We could get 10 miles without getting dizzy: http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/us/nj/bridgewater/827129107929824096

(Select satellite view; it's just prettier.)

Water crossing. Couple of climbs. Rocky in parts. And a small amount of pavement -- use caution.

Heal well, Kristen.

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

First they steal the design for the Mcmuffin and clearly try to pawn the bread off as English origin. And don't believe Wik"leak"pedia.

Secondly we runners need not waste precious calories on useless vowels. Like Louis CK says he would name his kid "ffffffffffffffffffffffffff" if he could.

It is true that this morning I ate my words both metaphorically and literally.

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

Tom7
Campagn to put the UGH back in DONUTS. DOUGHNUTS.

To the best of my knowledge G and H are not vowels.
And whilst the letter U is indeed a vowell it is not seless. It is actally qite sefll.

Cheers

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "JRMtown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 18:59:11 -0800 (PST)
To: Tom7<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

First they steal the design for the Mcmuffin and clearly try to pawn the bread off as English origin. And don't believe Wik"leak"pedia.

Secondly we runners need not waste precious calories on useless vowels. Like Louis CK says he would name his kid "ffffffffffffffffffffffffff" if he could.

It is true that this morning I ate my words both metaphorically and literally.

View message @ http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Next-Sunday-December-5th-tp5782812p5786863.html

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

  Um... ok, I'm glad we cleared that up.

So we are good for 8:30am at Chimney Rock on Sunday for 10 miles?

Deirdre, where should everyone meet?
dp

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

dp
Meet: Washington Valley Park, Newmans Lane, Martinsville. Paved parking lot on left after go you over a bridge and before you start heading up the hill. (It's actually a little past the marker on the map.)

Anyone bringing Dunking Doughnuts? It's here on the way in.

Re: Next Sunday - December 5th

NJ Trail Series
I posted this on the NJ Trail Series Facebook page so look for new people.  Also please post something if this run gets canceled.  Thanks.