New to the Forum - HI!

Jamezilla
I just joined the forum today.  I may know some of you already.  I live in Bergen County.  Most of my trail runs are at Palisades Park.  I've done Mountain Madness, TNF-Bear Mountain 50, and Manitou's.  That's all...

M Jones - I recognize that pinky! (I was a couple people back at Manitou's...not the person who asked if it always looked like that)

Re: New to the Forum - HI!

AnneP
Hi James! How are the trails at the Palisades? I live in Belleville and have been thinking of checking the trails out.

Re: New to the Forum - HI!

Jamezilla
Hi Anne

Palisades Park is about 12-13 miles long and consists of the Long Path and Shore Trail which run the length of the park (LP on top, ST along the Hudson).  There are a few paths that run between the two.  I like the section between  Huyler's Landing and the NY/NJ state line (nice waterfall, but long rock scramble North of Forest Trail).  It's not bad, you can hear traffic sometimes along the Palisades Parkway, but I've seen coyote, bald eagles, turkeys, deer, etc.  If you're near the GWB you can feel the city more, but it's nice also.

Re: New to the Forum - HI!

Michael K7
Welcome James!

Anne, i've run the Palisades lots of times, what i usually do is run the trails in the Lost Brook Preserve, then cross over to the LP, and run to the GW Bridge. Once i ran the LP from the State Line to the bridge.
I only tried using the Shore Trail one time (as part of a hike), and i wasn't a fan- it was littered with debris and garbage in many sections, and i thought it was dangerous footing (loose rocks, boards with protruding rusty nails etc) a lot of the time. That was a couple of years ago though, so it may have been cleaned up since then.

Re: New to the Forum - HI!

M Jones
Ha!
The pinky's now got two pins in it and I've got two percocets and a Budweiser in my belly.  Neither of us is recognizable at this moment.

Re: New to the Forum - HI!

jbyram2
Marcus... OUCH!!

Hey James!

I was wondering if that was the pinky that you mentioned in your RR, when Marcus changed his photo.