New member arriving July 1st in Norwood

Bruno
Hello everyone,

A while back I've posted a message as I was in the process of relocating with my family from Canada to (someplace in) New Jersey.

Now the process is completed, and I'll be moving to Norwood, NJ. Anyone from that area? Good trails around there?

Looking forward to any comments, and to join this group on a trail run one day.

Bruno.

Re: New member arriving July 1st in Norwood

ItsBob
I don't live around Norwood but Harriman and Bear Mountain State Parks in New York are less than 30 minutes north from Norwood on the Pallisades Interstate Parkway. 100s of miles of trails, lots of single-track with enough rocks, roots, and steep climbs to keep you busy for quite some time. Trail maps are available from Campmor or Ramsey Outdoor. Also look up NJ Trail Series for trail races in Northern NJ.

Re: New member arriving July 1st in Norwood

Tommy
You are within 30 minutes of both Ramapo and Harriman, which have hundreds of miles of tough technical trails in them, as well as right next to the Palisades, which has a lot of roads to run on (not sure about trails as I have never run there).  By August many of us will be training for Mountain Madness so there will be no shortage of trail runs going on in Ramapo.