New Balance Minimus Trail 110

TadHawk
Picked up a pair of these last week...

Have done a 3-miler and a 4-miler in the Tenalfy Nature Center on the Lost Brook Trail Race course and could not be happier with them.

I had gotten these...

... the Minumus Trail 10 several months ago and they are the most comfortable "shoes" I've ever worn (they have been my everyday shoes since I got them) but not really cut out for trail running in my opinion: sole too thin/soft for roots and rocks and no big toe protection to speak of.

The 110s, though, seem to offer both and are so much lighter then the New Balance trail shoes I have been wearing that it almost seems that they are not there. (The one's I have are so old I can no longer find a picture of them online.)

Tad

Re: New Balance Minimus Trail 110

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
just wanted to update this thread with my review. I've had these for almost 2 months now and put in about 15-20 miles a week in them and love them. I mainly love them for short 4-5 mile technical runs or any type of trail key workout like hill repeats. I still wouldn't do a flat long run in them though.

Re: New Balance Minimus Trail 110

Jasonrmotown
How's it going with the test for your long runs nutrition wise?

Re: New Balance Minimus Trail 110

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
My experience (and many others) with the 110 is that they are NOT durable and wear out quickly, which is fine if you have boxes of them shipped to your house..*cough* but other than that, I've seem them just bust apart at 60miles on them. Mine have only 150 or so, and are pretty much toast.

Re: New Balance Minimus Trail 110

jasonrmotown
had mine for maybe 20 watchung loops worth. use them as slippers now

Re: New Balance Minimus Trail 110

andy
These aren't the most durable shoes, but I have to admit I love them. Amazon has them right now for about $35.

I just picked up two more pairs!

Re: New Balance Minimus Trail 110

ycmrun
Are the New balance MT110 listed here Version 2 ? I just ordered V2 from joesnewbalanceoutlet.
Its bummer if it busts in under 60 miles.. !!