New Balance Minimus Road

Mike G
Hey guys I'm looking for a new pair of road shoes and am thinking about going with the Minimus road.  Have any of you had a pair and if so what do you think of them?  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm looking for a light weight minimalist shoe that will hold up over a marathon.

Re: New Balance Minimus Road

danclmbr
Brooks pureconnect are awesome.

Re: New Balance Minimus Road

seanaes
I'm a big fan of the Saucony Kinvara2. Nice and light with a 4mm drop and I have not had any problems with them getting worn out quickly and they have about 400 miles on them.

Re: New Balance Minimus Road

Sebounet
My road shoes are the Kinvara and have been since they were released. At first I thought I would destroy these shoes in no time but I was very surprised to state that they are as durable as any other road shoes (provided that one does not use them on trails). Perfect for marathon distance.
I also use the Peregrine. I have two issues with these: no grip on wet rocks/wood and they do not last that long (the upper is not that durable) compared to some more rugged models. But I really love how they feel.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 19, 2011, at 12:31 PM, "seanaes [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]"<[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm a big fan of the Saucony Kinvara2. Nice and light with a 4mm drop and I have not had any problems with them getting worn out quickly and they have about 400 miles on them.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/New-Balance-Minimus-Road-tp6989949p7011733.html

Re: New Balance Minimus Road

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
I personally like the new brooks models if I'm getting a road flat.

Re: New Balance Minimus Road

Gavor
The lightest and most inexpensive shoe is no shoe at all.

You have to develop your skin, however, if you expect to hold up for the whole 26.2.