New Balance 730 road

Steve
Picked up a pair of these today and took 'em out for a spin.

Felt pretty good to me. Nice wide toe-box. Good forefoot striker (3mm drop). Super light. Flexible and comfy. Try on before you buy. I ended up with a half size smaller than my MT-101's

Just a few quick miles in them so far. Will post again after a few more runs in them.

More pictures on this blog ...

http://www.runblogger.com/2012/02/new-balance-730-preview-minimalist.html

Re: New Balance 730 road

TadHawk
Am curious to hear how you like these after some miles on the roads. They seem to be advertising these as successors to the 905s which I loved. (I am now on my last pair having bought a bunch when the said they were going to discontinue them.)

Tad

Re: New Balance 730 road

Jess
I picked up a pair a couple weeks ago.  Love them so far, but they need some modifications.  Lack of a loop on top of the tongue means the tongue slips sideways into the shoe when I run.  Maddening!!  Need to have at it with a pocket knife.  Otherwise it has potential as a great half marathon, maybe full marathon, shoe.  Feels lighter, lower and wider than the Minimus Road 10 and it definitely has a more breatheable upper.

Re: New Balance 730 road

So far, they are pretty good Tad. Been using them for mid-week road runs that have been fairly short distance (nothing over 6 miles). I agree with Jess that they could definitely work for an HM and possibly longer. I don't have the problem with the tongue slipping but find it weird that they didn't take the time to add the little shoelace loop for those that do. The sole wear seems minimal so far too which is a good sign for me as I tend to go through my road shoes pretty fast. I'd say for the price, they are worth a try.

Re: New Balance 730 road

Hallisey_12
Nice shoes. Really liked them. Have been wearing Nike shoes for running along with comfortable mesh leggings. Finding them very comfy and flexible. Have recently purchased few more bright colored ones and they look attractive on me.