NJ Ultra Festival (100M, 100K, 50M, 50K and 26.2M)

NJ Ultra Festival (100M, 100K, 50M, 50K and 26.2M)

NJ Trail Series
NJ Ultra Festival will take place on March 19, 2011.  There will be races of Marathon, 50K, 50M, 100K and 100M.  The course is flat and fast.  You can expect a PR against any other trail race of the same distance.  I'd almost consider it a road course.  It is an old rail road bed turned into a trail.  It is about 10 feet wide, small crushed gravel for the footing and straight as can be.  You run along a peaceful stream, by horse and cow farms for the majority of the course.

Race Headquarters is Ort Farms which we will be renting and using for camping as well.  There will be a pre race meal at the Church across the street on Friday night and then brunch at the Long Valley Brewpub on Sunday.

For more info check out HERE

Re: NJ Ultra Festival (100M, 100K, 50M, 50K and 26.2M)

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
My wife and I did a little over 15M of this trail for the first time today, we are thinking about doing this for our first 50M. Good idea? bad idea?  We're just a little nervous about aid stations, but we really dig the idea of a local, more low-key race (and love the idea of the whole camping/weekend 5 different distances going on on the trail).

-Rob (& Laurie)

Re: NJ Ultra Festival (100M, 100K, 50M, 50K and 26.2M)

NJ Trail Series
I think this is a great venue to do your first trail run of any distance (marathon to 100M).

Let me know if you have any specific questions.