NJ Trail Series - Fall Series - Schooleys Mountain - begins this Saturday

NJ Trail Series - Fall Series - Schooleys Mountain - begins this Saturday

NJ Trail Series
I know a few of you are dedicated longer guys but there are a lot of you that are just getting started on trails.  The NJ Trail Season Series (one for Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer) are geared towards the newer trail runner or the experienced trail runner that does not want to run ultra distances.

Please come check out the trails at Schooleys this weekend.

More info can be found at www.njtrailseries.com.  Races this weekend are 5K and 10K, then two weekends of 5M and 10M and then the last is 10K and Half Marathon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

Re: NJ Trail Series - Fall Series - Schooleys Mountain - begins this Saturday

gohmdoree
How is this course relative to Mountain Madness?

Re: NJ Trail Series - Fall Series - Schooleys Mountain - begins this Saturday

NJ Trail Series
The Mountain Madness is very rocky and hilly for almost the entire course.  For Schooleys the rocky portion is about 1/2 of it and the elevation changes takes place mostly over 2 of the 5 miles.

Rick

Re: NJ Trail Series - Fall Series - Schooleys Mountain - begins this Saturday

I'd say if you survived MoMa (at a time of 4:23) you will be just fine for Schooleys. I took a bit longer than you at MoMa and I can sustain about a 13min pace at Schooleys.

here is my run data from the last race
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/52322839

You'll notice most of the climb is in the last 1.5 miles of the 5 mile loop.

In other words 'easier'.