My 2012 MoMa report

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Sebounet
Nice report.
So you actually train a full year for this specific race. I can only admire your determination.

One thing though: you have to run it next year as it will be MY turn to beat you!!!!

Until then, enjoy your success! You deserve it!
See you at Xmas time for some Jersey Xmas brews! Yeah, we have good beers in NJ too!

Cheers,

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

danclmbr
Congrats on your PR and enjoy your success.
Considering that was my first MoMa and I finished in 6:59, you better train hard for the next one buddy ;)
Just friendly smack talk.

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Good read. Your motivation to "beat" people has always been fascinating to me. Excellent job in achieving your goal and also a big congrats to Chris who also had a pretty sizable PR!

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

JRMotown
Please go easy on me next August !

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
You guys really think I'm going to run again next year? Pfft! Time for you all to come to Colorado.

Next year I'll give a shot at maybe Watchung Winter Ultra.

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Sebounet
So now that you have contenders, challengers, you call it quite?
Was your performance a one time thing? Hummm quite=we will never know!

Ps: friendly chops busting ... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2012, at 9:26 AM, "RPMcMurphy(Rob) [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

You guys really think I'm going to run again next year? Pfft! Time for you all to come to Colorado.

Next year I'll give a shot at maybe Watchung Winter Ultra.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/My-2012-MoMa-report-tp7577926p7577932.html
To start a new topic under Race Reports, email [hidden email]

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Seb,

Part of training and racing...is actually making it to the race...Just sayin'.

;)

-Rob

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Tom7
Ouch!

I almost feel sorry for my old Ginga friend - Seb the Gaul

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Tom7
Rob.

If you do get to Asia next next year, try to plan a race. I'm sure Lorry won't mind

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
So, the bet with Chris was he had to run a race of my choosing in Colorado next year.

I'll have to think about that one. I could be that guy that says "Pikes Peak Marathon" ;)

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Oh oh. I am sorry who are you? Oh, Tom's ghost. Sure.
Yeah, I remember now: the guy that Steve and I came to see on Saturday and who left "early". It's like eating your boiled roast beef with mint jelly: not cool Briton!  ;-p

More seriously, too bad I missed you. Hope you'll come back soon though!
Hope the family is well!

Sent from my iPhone

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/My-2012-MoMa-report-tp7577926p7577935.html
To start a new topic under Race Reports, email [hidden email]

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

JRMotown
That doesn't sound half bad actually. I've had mint ice cream

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Yep. Sorry to have missed you both. Seb & Steve.
I thought Steve was traveling??

Will be back sometime next year and organize it better - might even get fit enough to race properly.

Cheers.

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Steve
Yup. I got back late Friday. Probably have a better chance of seeing Tom in Shanghai.

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

jbyram2
Kick ass report, documenting a kick ass run.  Very well done, sir!!

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

Chris
Ha! Too funny.  As a major character in the report, I have to say that it was documented surprisingly accurately.  And very interesting to see what Rob's inner thoughts were during the run.  I just thought when he would ask me how I was feeling he was concerned about my well being!

Definitely come out for Watchung, now you won't have the element of surprise on your fitness level and it will be a good race.

I would LOVE to do Pike's Peak, I mean its half down hill, how tough can it be.

Also, thank you for noticing Steve, knocked 27 mins off my PR and finally broke the 7 hr. mark! This has been one of the few times I was able to execute my race plan to a T.

Re: My 2012 MoMa report

mdixon
Nice report Rob, it was as rocky as I expected it to be.