Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

12
Dom

Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Dom
So first off good luck to Scott and Sarah at Vermont and Virgil crest.....
Secondly ......what has happened to all the Moma smack talk?Is this some reverse psychology 'play nice with he other children before you throw sand in their face'?Consider the following ;
1.Tom moved to China to play with chemicals he couldnt play with legally here to see if he could up his game.
2. Seb bought a house in South Mountain so he can sneak out whenever and has been training at 5 in the morning with the Millburn tri-club....all whilst claiming he hadnt been training 'much'.
3.Chris gave up his job just  to train.
4. Rob moved to Colorado and has been living in a hypoxic chamber on top of Mount Elbert for 2 years.

And yet......radio silence????

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Sebounet
Whaoooo
I have my very own bullet point! Flattering!

I am very sad to let you know that due to an ankle injury (yes, another one...) I will not be able to run MoMa. This is very disappointing to me but the right thing to do. Don't worry though, I'll be around on Saturday and still, I will execute my original plan: poor wine in your Heed and set up traps in the wood, just for you!
So watch out if you see my smiling and welcoming face at an aid station...

Best of luck to all of you. You guys will do great!
Alex and  Jules, run the 25k like gazelles!

Scott, you will kill at Vermont! I know it! No pressure though ;-)

So see you guys on Saturday!

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Chris
In the three years this group has existed, this has been a well documented phenomenon
right before a race where everything gets real quiet on the forum...even though I know from the web statistics you are all checking the site!

But I'll bite:

Dom,  you talk funny and no one likes you

Tom, you also talk funny and even less people like you than Dom

Rob, you are really looking lean and fit lately, just like Anton Krupicka...except he wins races

Burn!

Hope the rain holds off and everyone has a GREAT race saturday!
Dom

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Dom
Thats more like it Chris!......Seb are u serious???So sorry to hear that I know all too well how that feels to put in all the hours and then get injured.If the traps are the same quality as the ones you lot used in the battle of cadsand, battle of arnemuiden, battle of sluys, battle of caen, battle of crecy,battle of poitiers etc etc etc.........then i dont think ill worry. As for the wine.....bring it!

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Jess
3 days to go!  Looking forward to a fun day on the trails with friends and hanging out a bit afterwards.  (I'm bringing baked goods... as usual)

Virgil Crest was actually this past weekend.  Sarah took 1st F in the 50k and Jason took 2nd overall in the 50M.

Awesome performances!  And congratulations to you Jesse for taking 2nd in the 50m!
Dom

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Dom
Wow....phenomenal grats to all 3 ........most of my life these days seems to be lagging by a week!

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Amazing times! Congrats! Impressive!

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2012, at 10:23 AM, "Jess [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

3 days to go!  Looking forward to a fun day on the trails with friends and hanging out a bit afterwards.  (I'm bringing baked goods... as usual)

Virgil Crest was actually this past weekend.  Sarah took 1st F in the 50k and Jason took 2nd overall in the 50M.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Moma-smack-talk-Virgil-and-Vermont-tp7577873p7577877.html

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

- Seb - Sorry man!

- Tom should have a solid race.

- Chris - I think Chris will finally have a good MoMa this year. I can feel it

- Sean - Will PR as well

Chris wrote
In the three years this group has existed, this has been a well documented phenomenon
right before a race where everything gets real quiet on the forum...even though I know from the web statistics you are all checking the site!

But I'll bite:

Dom,  you talk funny and no one likes you

Tom, you also talk funny and even less people like you than Dom

Rob, you are really looking lean and fit lately, just like Anton Krupicka...except he wins races

Burn!

Hope the rain holds off and everyone has a GREAT race saturday!

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

jbyram2
Hmm.. can one smack effectively after only a few runs?

Dom 'n Tom:  didn't run on Saturdays, and will likely get lost trying to run the course in the same direction as last year.

Seb:  Got freaked out by the green traiil climb, and now has an "ankle injury". Sounds suspicious to me!

Marcus:  Will enlist his seventeen kids to remark the course, and throw sticks in our feet if that fails.

Jay:  Is still on the mountain since the 15th (even though he's not running MoMa), and will finally pop out of the woods looking for berries.

Chris: Ran too damn fast in training, and will bonk badly on the mountain bike trail from starting too fast.

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Is anyone else 'spectating' and driving to aid stations and such? Laurie is out with a bum foot as well, and wanted to hit up the aid stations/take photos. Which aid stations are most accessible?

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Chris - you smell like gorgonzola and you're going bald.

Staying at hotel in Mahwah Friday night so see you bright and early Saturday morning.

I sent it from my Phone

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Tom,

What hotel? I'm staying at a hotel somewhere up around there too (a bed and breakfast that was cheaper than a hotel actually). perhaps a pint friday night.

-Rob

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Tom7 [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Chris - you smell like gorgonzola and you're going bald.

Staying at hotel in Mahwah Friday night so see you bright and early Saturday morning.

I sent it from my Phone

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Moma-smack-talk-Virgil-and-Vermont-tp7577873p7577884.html
To unsubscribe from Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont, click here.

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Rob,
I'll be hanging around taking pics as well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2012, at 11:53 AM, "RPMcMurphy(Rob) [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is anyone else 'spectating' and driving to aid stations and such? Laurie is out with a bum foot as well, and wanted to hit up the aid stations/take photos. Which aid stations are most accessible?

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Moma-smack-talk-Virgil-and-Vermont-tp7577873p7577883.html

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Courtyard Mahwah. On rt 17.
Definitely up for a pint but not sure what time I'll arrive. Will mail you.

I sent it from my Phone

On 26 Sep 2012, at 12:20, "RPMcMurphy(Rob) [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Tom,

What hotel? I'm staying at a hotel somewhere up around there too (a bed and breakfast that was cheaper than a hotel actually). perhaps a pint friday night.

-Rob

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Tom7 [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Chris - you smell like gorgonzola and you're going bald.

Staying at hotel in Mahwah Friday night so see you bright and early Saturday morning.

I sent it from my Phone

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Moma-smack-talk-Virgil-and-Vermont-tp7577873p7577884.html
To unsubscribe from Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont, click here.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Moma-smack-talk-Virgil-and-Vermont-tp7577873p7577885.html

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

K, i'm staying at some fancy place a few miles from the start. (some ringwood castle/manor/thing, I have a to share a bathroom, but as long as I get in there first, no one else will want to use it anyway). was actually cheaper than anything in Mahwah, go figure.

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
I'm guessing that aid stations 2 and 4 and 6, are the only reasonable ones to get to for spectators/Laurie?

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Mike G
Im avoiding the smack talk because I am anticipating a very poor showing.
I wouldnt be supprised if I came in last place.

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

Chris
Mike, you're running MoMa too?  That's great! Haven't seen you in a while. Low expectations is a good way to go into a race somethimes, things can only turn out better than you expect.

Embrace the hurt!

Re: Moma smack talk....Virgil and Vermont

jbyram2
Mike, if you can tackle the sweeper, I'll steal her marking pen! No DNF for me, bee-atch!

Hopefully the Jody Express won't derail and send me rolling down the hill like a sack of howling potatoes..
12