MoMa training

12

MoMa training

Kristina
Hey, signed up for MoMa anyone want to run some long runs?

Re: MoMa training

Mountain Goat
Would like to do some training on the course again this year. Been a big help for the race.

Re: MoMa training

Kristina
I'm in. I've never ran the course. I've run up in the area but this would be a big help.

Re: MoMa training

jbyram2
I plan on running 20 or so on Aug 31 and on Sep 14... 2 and 4 weeks out.

Re: MoMa training

JohnnyDePaola
I'm not registered for MoMa, but live right in Ramsey.  I was up on the course this weekend and ran into another runner training for the 50k.

I'd love to get some more running done up on those trails.

Re: MoMa training

AliBryanJones
Johnny, I might have been that runner - did we cross paths at the reservoir on the Orange trail?  I live in Allendale and am hoping to get out on the course most weekends between now and the race.  Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a run.

Re: MoMa training

casual rick
You guys are speaking my language! I live in Saddle River, I'm signed up for the MoMa 50K and would love to log some miles with you guys. I'd like to check out that mountain bike loop in Ringwood soon. Anyone interested?

Re: MoMa training

Kristina
What's this Friday/Sat look for you guys? Anyone up for a run around that area then?

Re: MoMa training

casual rick
Unfortunately I'm out of town until Sunday, so I'll have to catch up with y'all next week.

Re: MoMa training

JohnnyDePaola
This is a great thread, hopefully we can work out some group runs.  Unfortunately, I'm also away this weekend, I believe I'll also be out of town for the two following weekends.

I do live close enough that I can log a few miles during the week, I go for a short 4 mile run on the Green trail up past Hawk Rock every Tuesday morning.  I'd also be able to do after work runs on Thursday night, if anyone is interested.

I actually ran with the gentleman training for the 50k, his name was Tom (I think).  I may have passed you coming down from the upper swamp/lake/bog thing though, I did take the Orange trail all the way in.

When I'm home I'll be putting in all my weekend miles up at the reservation, so I'll definitely keep revisiting you guys here.

I am training for a 50k in November out in PA but have been considering registering for the 25k MoMa.  I have two marathons in October so I don't want to go to crazy at the end of September.

Re: MoMa training

AliBryanJones
Maybe it was Tom I met then.

Definitely up for some group runs somewhere local.  I'm planning on running at Ramapo Reserve, starting from the main car park at the MoMa AS4, this Saturday and probably Sunday.  I need to start early, about 7am, so I can do family stuff the rest of the day.  Planning to do about 10 miles / 2 hours along bits of the course, maybe up to 3 hours if I'm feeling great.

Happy to run with anyone who can face getting out of bed that early at the weekend.

Re: MoMa training

christakos
What is MoMa? I signed up for the 50k on 11/9 (NJ Trail Series).

Re: MoMa training

Kristina

Hey Ali count me in for Sat.  I need to do early runs too. I'm not familiar with the area too much or the route but if you have an address or picnic area I can try to locate that'd be helpful.

Kristina

On Aug 12, 2013 11:33 PM, "AliBryanJones [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe it was Tom I met then.

Definitely up for some group runs somewhere local.  I'm planning on running at Ramapo Reserve, starting from the main car park at the MoMa AS4, this Saturday and probably Sunday.  I need to start early, about 7am, so I can do family stuff the rest of the day.  Planning to do about 10 miles / 2 hours along bits of the course, maybe up to 3 hours if I'm feeling great.

Happy to run with anyone who can face getting out of bed that early at the weekend.

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/MoMa-training-tp7578650p7578666.html
To unsubscribe from MoMa training, click here.

Re: MoMa training

AliBryanJones
So the car park is at Aid Station 4 on the MoMa course - on Ramapo Valley Road in Mahwah, about 1km SW of Ramapo College, just SW of the junction with Darlington Avenue.  I'm aiming to start at 7am.

Re: MoMa training

Christakos- Moma is mountain Madness race in September in ringwood

Re: MoMa training

Sebounet
Getting closer to the race, there will be a lot of runners in this forum running the course and every year we get a pretty good group training on the hard trails of Ringwood.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 14, 2013, at 6:47 AM, "Mountain Goat [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Christakos- Moma is mountain Madness race in September in ringwood

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/MoMa-training-tp7578650p7578671.html

Re: MoMa training

Kristina

Perfect thanks so much. See you at 7am on Sat! And anyone else who can make it then!

Kristina

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/MoMa-training-tp7578650p7578670.html
To unsubscribe from MoMa training, click here.

Re: MoMa training

Christakos
Mountain Goat - Thank you.

Re: MoMa training

casual rick
Anyone up for another Ramapo run this Saturday?

Re: MoMa training

I will be heading up there on Saturday. I was thinking of leaving from the upper Skyline Drive parking lot at 8am. Thinking 15-18 miles.
12