Merrell trail Glove 4

Michael K7
While the newest version of the TG isn't quite as minimal as the original, it is still my favorite trail running shoe. There is a new tongue design which is fantastic (the tongue is actually part of the inside panel of the shoe, and not a separate piece), and this is the best fit I've ever had in a running shoe. The sole (and the shoe overall) is a lot stiffer than previous versions, but offers good protection against sharp rocks and debris. The new sole material is not effective on wet rocks, but I've yet to find any running shoe that is.
The heel has a plastic overlay that I was skeptical about at first, as I thought it was unnecessary and added weight, but it's hard to argue with any of the design elements of this shoe since it fits and performs so well. They have a new lace material that I also like a lot.
So far I have used them on my local mountain bike trails, and I really cannot say anything negative about these shoes, other than if you are looking for a truly minimal running experience, these shoes are not what you would want. For my needs and preference however, they are just about as perfect as I could ask for.
I can't wait until the track work on the Milburn line is done in September so I can use them at So Mo.