Merrell Trail Glove 3

Michael K7
I initially bought a pair of these in black to wear at work, but wanting to go more minimal in my running again, i bought another pair, and have used them twice so far.
I have to say that i absolutely love these shoes. I had always wished that i could have a shoe with the upper and last of the original TG, but combined with better protection for the soles of your feet than the originals had. I tried the Ascend Glove, and that was a good shoe, but it seemed to be built on a slightly different last, and felt a bit stiff and more like a regular running shoe.
Well, Merrell has hit it out of the park with the TG3. The same great last and upper as the original (the toebox might even be bit wider), and the perfect amount of protection for my feet. These shoes retain the "glove" like feel of the originals, but have the added protection i was wishing for. The ground feel is still there, though not quite as much as with the originals, but that's okay- i'll take the trade-off. They redesigned the tread slightly, and it's an improvement over the original. Less debris getting stuck in there.
So far, i've done a run last week at SoMo, and a run today in Harriman, and the shoes have performed flawlessly. Even compared to the Bare Access Trail shoe which i like, and is a lightweight shoe, these are like night and day in terms of being light on your feet, and my other trail running shoes feel like bricks compared to these. I haven't used minimal shoes in a while, and i forgot what a joy it is to have such light shoes on your feet.
I could not be happier with these shoes. I've already bought a third pair for backup, and will definitely get more in the future.

On a side note, i have a pair of Altra Lone Peak 1.5 shoes, men's 13 black, new in box, that i am looking to sell. I will sell them to someone here for $80 shipped. Contact me if you are interested.
SG

Re: Merrell Trail Glove 3

SG
Hey, I just saw this and I couldn't agree more.  I did the Breakneck race in them in April and it took 9 hours but they handled the terrain better than any of the other minimal trail shoes I've tried.  They were especially good on the steep rock faces with the green lichens that made you poop your pants ;)