Mahlon Mayhem

NJ Trail Series
I just wanted to start this message by saying thanks to all you guys that came out to the Devil and made that event such a success.   Jennifer and I may be the RDs but your support and participation in the events guarantee more trail races to come.

In respect to more races the next NJ Trail Series race is Mahlon Mayhem.  I know several of you have signed up already for one of the distances (25k, 50K, 75K or 100K) but there is still room for more.

This is a prefect venue for the beginner trail runner or first time ultra runner.  The course is very easy on the feet and there is aid every 3 - 4 miles.

I still need a few volunteers if there is anyone that wants to get out to a race with out any risk of competing.  You can even go run a loop at some point to check out the course.

Also, if any one wants to do a dry run of the course we can set something up for this weekend or next.

Rick

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

Mountain Peak Fitness
I will totally volunteer to run a lap or 2 to check out the course and what ever else you need me to do.. Hope all is well, Elizabeth Carrion

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

This Sunday at 8:30 is on for Mahlon Dickerson. Rick, is the below the spot off Weldon Rd. the correct parking lot? Never been there before, but really looking forward to checking out the course.

View Larger Map

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

NJ Trail Series
Where the green arrow is pointing is the EXACT parking lot we will meet.

Rick

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

JRMotown
"A" must be elusive sasquatch.

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

Chris,

I will be at this weekend run. What kind of mileage are we covering?  Looking forward to something new and different.

Rick,

I might do the 25k but i'm also very interested in  volunteering at an aid station will let you know soon.

-Jules

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

Tom7
Have fun y'all.
Away for couple weeks but catch up at the MM proper.

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

I was thinking of doing two loops of the course.
dp

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

dp
I'm planning to give the 25K a try next Saturday. Any advice for a slooow first-timer?

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

We did a test run yesterday, and this will be a pretty friendly first-timer course.  There is only one "climb" up to the highest point in Morris County, and it is really not bad at all.  The course is not too technical either, especially if you are used to running at Chimney Rock, or any of the other rocky reservations in in the area. A good chuck of the loop covers a rail trail as well, and you can really fly on that part.

It should be a very fun race.

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
Rick,

I am going to volunteer at Mahlon Mayhem.  Let me know what time i should be there and what you need me to do.

-Jules

Re: Mahlon Mayhem

Good luck to everyone running Mahlon on Saturday!  It looks like it is going to be great weather and should turn out to be a fun day.