MOMA Training Runs

I was just looking at the calender and thinking of going up to Ringwood 09/19 and 10/03.

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
sounds good i can come 9/19.  What time?

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Daddyrox
I'd like to tag along.
Chris

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Tom7
Ill join on 3rd.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: "Daddyrox [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 11:06:20 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tom7<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: MOMA Training Runs

I'd like to tag along.
Chris

View message @ http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/MOMA-Training-Runs-tp5503315p5503923.html

Re: MOMA Training Runs

NJ Trail Series
just an FYI, the first 8 miles of the trail will change this year.  I did not want to but the State Police are not comfortable with the race crossing the roads.  I'll post the new map as soon as I measure it out (should be this week).

Rick

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Planning on doing a run at Ringwood on Sunday.  Going to either start at AS2 or AS3.  Looks like it will probably be around 15 miles.

Updates will be posted as the plans finalize.

Rick, did you figure out how you were going to re-route the beginning of the course?

Re: MOMA Training Runs

NJ Trail Series
Yes, the first 7.5 miles uses the bike course ending back at the Start Finish.  Then you run on a fire road directly to AS2 to get there around 8.25 miles (same as last year).

Rick

Re: MOMA Training Runs

seanaes
I'm good for a loop like AS2-AS3-AS4/6-AS7-AS2 on the MoMa map starting at either AS2 or AS 3, which should be just shy of 14 miles. Can include AS5 in the loop for an extra ~7 miles :)
I know there is water spot at AS3, or there was a year ago, but not sure about getting water near AS2 or elsewhere along the trail - Rick do you know?

Re: MOMA Training Runs

NJ Trail Series
Your notes are perfect.  There is water at 3.

The loop you describe is the 25K loop for the race.  You just have to add in the little bit from the Start Finish area in both directions.  I am going to run them straight up the road from the start past the Shooting Range to AS2.

It will probably be a little long (over 25K) but it is close enough.

Rick

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Sean, that sounds good. We will cover a good chunk of the middle of the course.  Is there parking at AS2?

How does 8am sound?

Re: MOMA Training Runs

seanaes
Yeah that sounds great. Lets meet near AS2 at 8AM.

Lot A at the NJ Botanical Gardens / Skylands Manor. Directions are the same as going to Start/Finish of MoMa at Shepard Pond except at the last left, when there are 2 large stone eagles directly in front of you go straight, rather than left towards Shepard Pond - the parking lot is directly on your left.

Link to a google map of the meeting spot:  http://bit.ly/9Ptn59

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Daddyrox
Thanks for the parking lot link.  See you there.
Chris

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Daddyrox
Rats.  Unexpected change of plans.  Not going to make it up there tomorrow.  Enjoy!
Chris

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Planning to go back up on October 3rd too.  Hope you can make it then.

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Daddyrox
Glad I made it - fun run and nice to meet Ron, Pam and Sean too!
Chris

Re: MOMA Training Runs

Yea, it was a good run, and it reminded me how tough that course is.  I'm glad we didn't really "loose" Pam and  Ron.

Link to Ron's Garmin info:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/49676389