Lenape registration is open

12

Re: Lenape registration is open

AnneP
First time running Lenape and been wanting to do so for some time. Conditions were tough and I was under trained so I'm happy with the 26 miles. Thanks Chris and the volunteers for the aid at mile 16 and the warm ride back to Locust Grove. And thanks Marcus for the beer & hand warmers!

Got to run this again. Lets hope for better weather next year!

Re: Lenape registration is open

First
Chris - this was an awesome run. Thanks for setting it up and please relay special thanks to the ladies working the aid station at 16 and 26. Oh and jules and jay too. I know you are both dudes so dont worry. Thanks for the aid.

Second
Kristina K it was great spending the day getting the job done. Next time we are warming our clothes at the laudromat before we leave . You did an amazing job in really tough conditions. Proud of you.

Third
I found a hat in south mountain. neon yellow and black adidas. Nice hat! I washed it. Claim it if its yours.

Fourth
The trail sections were brutal. My feet are hammered

Fifth
I think Marcus forgot to leave me a beer at the end but I still love him

Sixth
I am drinking now

Re: Lenape registration is open

Kristina
Excellent job Marcus! If said bum forgot to leave his time, does it count? I mean really...I heard you took the liquor store with you

Steve, it was a pleasure running with you. Thank you for keeping me safe and in one piece (totally would've wiped out a few MORE times had you not pointed out the ice patches). Minimal bruising and cuts. That in of itself makes this a successful run. I'm thinking laundromats was the great find of the day. Yes, we are utilizing one next time.

A big thank you to Chris for a fantastically grueling race. My feet especially thank you. Next time though if I'm going to play the part of the drunken sailor again and slosh all over the trail I should REALLY get into it.

And thank you to Jules, Jay, Chris, lovely ladies and Rebel for toughing out the cold (though I'm not sure why you were shivering because I was sweating enough to be in the sauna we passed coming up on Cedar to Mayapple) and providing goodies! Many, many thanks :)

Micro spikes for next year, beer now. Woohoo!

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Steve [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Lenape-registration-is-open-tp7579180p7579228.html
To unsubscribe from Lenape registration is open, click here.

Re: Lenape registration is open

Awesome job out there all you crazies!  Without a doubt, this year had the toughest trail conditions to date.

Here are the results. If any of the times are off, just let me know and I will update them

http://ultrasignup.com/results_event.aspx?did=27237

Also, big thank you to Rick and NJ Trail Series for donating much of the great stuff at the aid stations.

Re: Lenape registration is open

monlau00
You were right! Not familiar with the trail...but I am going to run there more often!!!.. it was great running with you. :)

Re: Lenape registration is open

Looks like Jason finally caught the train finished yesterday. I think he ran the power lines since he is recording 43 miles in around 11 hours. I believe that puts his "official" finish time at somewhere around 179 hours. Was there a cut-off time? I didn't see one in the rule book . If the trails are this bad next year, I might just do the same and wait a week or two for the thaw.

Jason - way to get out there and finish what you started!!!
sg

Re: Lenape registration is open

sg
I'll figure out how to upload the data, but, yes.  Jason and I "ran" the Lenape trail yesterday.  Our official finishing time was 11 hours and 38minutes.  Total distance was 43.03 miles.  We did not run the power line.  But that was the only turn we didn't miss...
sg

Re: Lenape registration is open

sg

Re: Lenape registration is open

JRMotown
LMAO- yes please do put us in at 179.5 hours.

Potent potables:

-Meandering at Broad St., called for directions to the actual start, then again when we missed the turn.

-Went around the lake at Branch Brook park twice, because we didn't see the blazes on the road and I insisted we should cross the bridge, to find blazes on the other side of the lake as well. Already at this point went through half to 3/4 of the Fiber One bars.. Eventually went under the bridge to take a wrong turn left immediately and ask a runner for directions because we were beginning to assume the trail went into the sewer occasionally.

-Once again psoas pain came back even after cross training for a week. It's ruining my ultra year. Anybody have any venom elixer connections?

-Made a well-deserved unintentional detour to get chocolate milk in some city. I thought every park was Eagle Rock.

-Realized it would be dark after a Chipotle pit stop after the actual Eagle Rock dropoff. Was 34+ miles already at this point, trying to figure out a road way back. Ended up finishing in SOMA in the dark, somehow only taking one wrong turn before the big field. Thanks you guys for the footsteps, because running on that road on a near moonless night would be suicidal. Despite thinking that this week it would all be melted by now, there were only a scant bare patches. Sean did all this in nearly barefoot!

-Added 10 miles and doubled the top time from last week. Still can't wrap my head around 5.5 hours in those conditions- especially with all the postholing.

-Millburn diner + Carvel

Re: Lenape registration is open

Steve
Can't see the garmin data (user needs to unlock it) but it must be pretty funny. Pretty cool trail cause the blazes are all over the place. Some high some low some not at all. The everytrail app saved me and Kristina a few times. Might want to get it for next time. Milburn diner would have been a fun way to end the day. I went straight to the beer store. I made sure to walk in holding a $20 cause I looked like a hobo by that time and didn't want to risk getting kicked out before getting my beer.
sg

Re: Lenape registration is open

sg
Maybe this will work..

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://www.strava.com/activities/119374903/embed/f47abbb2bcea9e5f0a1dabdf0e51d996db957fb4'></iframe>

I'm better at technology than I am at keeping direction

Re: Lenape registration is open

Steve
well … the second link is rubbish too

I looked you up on strava instead. the track is pretty hilarious. classic Jason trying to spell his name on a map or something like that ---- to bad we can't capture some of the traffic cam video of you guys

Next time, get the every trail app for your phone. We made all the same mistakes as you guys, only smaller

Well done in the perseverance department for sure - well done - see you next year - don't miss the train
12