Lenape Trail Run Question

multiplex
Hi,

One thing I really wanted to do before moving back to Belgium (happening sooner than expected) is run the Lenape trail. I am no way in shape for this but WTF a couple of us (Watchung Reservation Running Club) are going to do it nonetheless the morning of the 16th of July - if only we had known about the March 5th run :-(

Question is: do any of you have a recent more detailed trail map or the GPS log of the March 5th as well as any useful info you could share - that would be great.

KR,
Michael

Re: Lenape Trail Run Question

Great to hear! Below is some information on the route.

GPS track of the course:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/283344631

Print version of the route:

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/644097/8853623/1349290066937/LENAPE34-Map.pdf?token=bV5Pfl8Jt9c%2BSdTDgE4Ae%2F%2FY8RE%3D

Additional Information on the Lenape Trail:

http://www.libertygap.org/index.php/lenape-trail.html

We also ran it this year with a couple of detours which you may or may not need to use:

Detour 1 (mile 8.8)
After running over the Parkway at approximately mile 8, instead of turning left, TURN RIGHT on Broughton Ave. and then left on Watchung Ave. You will rejoin the trail in about .4 miles on Wachung Ave., before turning into Brookdale Park.

Map of detour: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6811696

Detour 2 (mile 26):
At approximately mile 26, the trail goes under Route 280, and makes a hard right up a power-line hill. DO NOT follow the blazes up the power-line hill, this has been the downfall of many a Lenape Runner. Instead, stay straight on the road for 1.5 miles and make a right up Cedar Ave.  This will take you right into the Mayapple Hill Parking lot of South Mountain Reservation where you will re-join the yellow blazed trail to the finish.

Map of detour: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6811697

Re: Lenape Trail Run Question

multiplex
Great! Thanks a million.
What’s wrong with the two detours that make them necessary? (ie. parkway and power-line hill)?

M.

--
Michael Peeters
Sent with Airmail

On May 23, 2016 at 14:31:37, RNR [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Lenape-Trail-Run-Question-tp7580198p7580199.html
To unsubscribe from Lenape Trail Run Question, click here.

Re: Lenape Trail Run Question

AnneP
Detour 1 is due to a bridge being out over a small creek. I haven't been by there since March to see if the bridge is repaired. May try to do so before July 16.

Re: Lenape Trail Run Question

jasonrmotown
The second detour is a much more wooded entrance into South Mountain, with 2 foot long flies and werewolves and possibly a few nice hikers. Actually, it's supposed to be the unfinished link to South Mountain, I've wanted to try that out every year but never had the cojones to actually do it, hoping to not be among the downfallen. There's a video from 6 years back where they end up with 35 miles I believe? (I ended up with 43 one year but that was my own fault)

Re: Lenape Trail Run Question

multiplex
Thanks !
M.

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 5:50 PM, jasonrmotown [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The second detour is a much more wodded entrance into South Mountain, with 2 foot long flies and werewolves and possibly a few nice hikers. Actually, it's supposed to be the unfinished link to South Mountain, I've wanted to try that out every year but never had the cojones to actually do it, hoping to not be among the downfallen. There's a video from 6 years back where they end up with 35 miles I believe? (I ended up with 43 one year but that was my own fault)

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Lenape-Trail-Run-Question-tp7580198p7580202.html
To unsubscribe from Lenape Trail Run Question, click here.
NAML