Hunting regs

JRMotown
I was curious myself as to when are the hunting days off, looks like all sundays except WMA's are no hunting. Always thought it was Saturday. I've only seen a hunter once in Ringwood, and running in a WMA near night which I would not do again. This list is helpful:

http://www.njhiking.com/hiking-nj-during-hunting-season/

Re: Hunting regs

Steve
Time to break out the orange

Re: Hunting regs

Michael K7
I generally stick to South Mountain and Harriman, which are no hunting anytime, but this time of year i wear orange anyway just to be extra cautious.

What's a WMA?

Re: Hunting regs

bhousel
Wildlife management area, I think.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2014, at 1:38 PM, "Michael K7 [via NJ Trail & Ultra Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I generally stick to South Mountain and Harriman, which are no hunting anytime, but this time of year i wear orange anyway just to be extra cautious.

What's a WMA?

http://nj-trail-ultra-forum.4246737.n2.nabble.com/Hunting-regs-tp7579692p7579694.html

Re: Hunting regs

JRMotown
Yep, they are the small areas on google maps that are labelled Wildlife Management Area. They are actually kind of tiny compared to the large state parks which are usually adjacent to them. The only time I would truly avoid running somewhere is when they have those weeklong hunting binges but they are mostly during banking hours anyway. BTW they have on that link just about everything you can think of in orange. Wash separately!