Holiday gathering

12

Holiday gathering

Mountain Goat
Anyone up for a gathering where we can feel horrible the next day due to alcohol excess & not miles on the trail?

Re: Holiday gathering

Tom7
Yes that sounds a good idea. Would be good to see you guys with your drinking boots on and out of lycra.

Obviously the venue for the bash should be very local and convenient for me.

Might I suggest:
Trap Rock - Berkeley Heights

Re: Holiday gathering

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
Sounds good let me know the dates.

Re: Holiday gathering

seanaes
Im in.

Close to Tom's house means that much easier to leave him in a drunken heap at the front door, ring the bell and run off :)

Re: Holiday gathering

Ha! I'm in!

Re: Holiday gathering

JRMotown
Absolutely
dp

Re: Holiday gathering

dp
Kind of new to the group, but I'm up for holiday excess.

Re: Holiday gathering

seanaes wrote
Im in.

Close to Tom's house means that much easier to leave him in a drunken heap at the front door, ring the bell and run off :)
Or...crash at his place and have him make us a proper breakfast!! haha.

Trap Rock is a good suggestion.

Re: Holiday gathering

ok. So what's a good date. I'll start with Saturday Dec 18th. So far Tom has suggested Trap Rock in Berkley Heights. Chimney rock in Gillette is also in that same are, same fare. Anyone have other suggestion?

If we choose something in that area, I prepose a pre-bash run in Watchung. So we might not feel as guilty for the calories we will be consuming. My place could be used for changing post run.

Anyone else has any ideas?

Re: Holiday gathering

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
I can't make the 18 already have commitments....but don't let it stop the majority for choosing that day.

-- Jules Moore

On Dec 8, 2010 4:57 PM, Mountain Goat [via NJ Trail &amp;amp; Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

ok. So what's a good date. I'll start with Saturday Dec 18th. So far Tom has suggested Trap Rock in Berkley Heights. Chimney rock in Gillette is also in that same are, same fare. Anyone have other suggestion?

If we choose something in that area, I prepose a pre-bash run in Watchung. So we might not feel as guilty for the calories we will be consuming. My place could be used for changing post run.

Anyone else has any ideas?

Re: Holiday gathering

Mountain Goat
well throw out some more date. Fridays? Saturdays? Sunday morning? weekdays? weekday mornings? whats good for the majority

Re: Holiday gathering

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
The 17th in the evening or 26 early afternoon.

-- Jules Moore

On Dec 8, 2010 5:06 PM, Mountain Goat [via NJ Trail &amp;amp; Ultra Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

well throw out some more date. Fridays? Saturdays? Sunday morning? weekdays? weekday mornings? whats good for the majority

Moore
dp

Re: Holiday gathering

dp
I'm out for the 17th or 18th, but I could try for the 26th or something this weekend even.

Thursday evenings also work really well for me (and your hangovers will only impact a day of work, not a weekend run).

Is anyone off on the 24th? Would that make the 23rd a possibility?

Re: Holiday gathering

Mountain Goat
Thursday the 23rd could be a possability. I work to 7 but around 8 is good (means no pre-festivity run)

RE: Holiday gathering

Jules "silentstorm" Moore

Ok I think I could work with that date

Thursday the 23rd could be a possability. I work to 7 but around 8 is good (means no pre-festivity run)

RE: Holiday gathering

JRMotown
That works for me as well

Re: Holiday gathering

The 23rd would be perfect for me.

Re: Holiday gathering

Mountain Goat
ok. so 23rd seems to be a good date. 8ish. No for choosing a location?

Re: Holiday gathering

Tom7
Think its quite interesting that on this ultrarunning forum, supposedly frequented by fit and healthy folk, the thread with the most responses is about hedonistic excess!

23rd good for me and my vote is still TrapRock.
However it will be busy and its best we make a reservation as soon as we know numbers.

I'd like to bring my wife as I think she would love to meet you.
Translation:
I'd like to bring my wife as she can drive me home.
Anyone else bringing better halves?

Cheers

Re: Holiday gathering

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
Tom7 wrote
I'd like to bring my wife as she can drive me home.
Anyone else bringing better halves?

Cheers
My better half is working that night, but....I can 'hire' a stand-in...
12