Headlamp recommendations?

Jess
Looking to upgrade my headlamp in prep for Oil Creek.  Have the old Black Diamond Icon, which is good, but not bright enough for running like a maniac on technical trails.  The new version is a lot brighter, but also heavier (uses 4AA).  Looking at Princeton Tec Apex Pro or Petzl Myo RXP as alternatives.  Thoughts?  Anyone use these?

Re: Headlamp recommendations?

RPMcMurphy(Rob)
I have the MYO RXP and I can't imagine ever needing a brighter light. Battery lasts through the night (3xAA). You have to be ok with having a 3xAA battery case on the back of your head, but it's not so bad. Def try it on first though.  I like that it's regulated and I like that you can flip up the diffuser and choose between beam/flood. I like that there is a few programmable settings too. I rarely use it on full blast.

Re: Headlamp recommendations?

Jess
Good to hear.  I was leaning towards the Myo RXP b/c it is regulated.  The P-Tec doesn't have the battery life (and $$$ batteries).  My old BD Icon is run on 3 AA, so I imagine the Myo RXP will fit about the same.