Good Luck Chris & Jules

Mountain Goat
Good luck in your 1/2 IM this weekend. Want to see some fast times!

Re: Good Luck Chris & Jules

Jules "silentstorm" Moore
Thanks Len!  Let you know how it goes when it gets back.

Re: Good Luck Chris & Jules

Thanks Len! Well, we both finished. But I will give U guys the full update w/pics when we get back.

Re: Good Luck Chris & Jules

Finally back!

It was a good race, but I definitely underestimated how hard the bike was going to be.  Overall, it was a very rough ocean swim, with a hilly run and bike course.  My bike and swim could have been better, but I was still able to keep a 10 minute avg. pace for  the 13.1 mile run, which I was really happy about (esp. with the heat and just biking 56 miles).

Jules showed some amazing determination in finishing this race, despite battling some major cramping during the run, which cumulated with a visit to the medical tent after his finish.  I'm sure he will chime in later.

Enjoy the pics!

Swim Start

Looks like the Chris & Jules Rivalry still going strong

Tom7
Looks like the Chris & Jules Rivalry still going strong

You wear tatty old gear a tramp wouldn't be seen dead in when you run with us. But for a Tri you're togged up in the latest fashions.

Jules - looking good guvenor. Stories to tell!

Re: Good Luck Chris & Jules

All,

The 70.3 was a good experience and i would do it all again.  The swim went well despite getting thrown off course, the diesel smell from the boats, and the stupid sun blinding me.  The bike was good however had a good laugh when a kid ducked taped sandwiches to his handle bars.  I kept a good pace on the bike (i have to check my odometer) however the last 15 miles was brutal.  The run was good but i did get a major dose of cramps.  I would say I’m not very proud of my half marathon time and will not discuss it in public lol.  I'm glad i finished and had great support from Laura and Christine.  BTW Providence is a ghost town.

Re: Good Luck Chris & Jules

Mountain Goat
Good job guys. Glad you survived