Good Friday Grilled Cheese Run

TadHawk
10 miles around the northern end of the Palisades Interstate Park including the Giant Stairs rock scramble and two ascents of the Forest View Trail (540 feet in 0.3 mile). Probably an hour and a half of hiking and one hour of running. Or something like that. 2:32 for 10 miles doesn't seem like much but I guess it's a course record until somebody hauls their own self up to Bergen County and does it faster.

A few details, a Garmin link, and some pics here: http://fiveatfifty.blogspot.com/2011/04/good-friday-grilled-cheese-run.html.

Re: Good Friday Grilled Cheese Run

JRMtown
Nice one! Looks like a decent climb there. Will have to try it soon.

Re: Good Friday Grilled Cheese Run

NJ Trail Series
That route looks great.  I want to run more through the Palisades.

Can you give specific directions to the trails used.  Maybe I'll get out there in May after the Muddy.

Re: Good Friday Grilled Cheese Run

TadHawk
Google Spreadsheet with Good Friday Grilled Cheese Run Directions

A couple places where the mileage might be a bit off and one spot where I can't recall why I marked the spot but otherwise the directions are good.

The trail maps at PIP NJ Trail Maps are a good reference.